Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
GOOD MORNING!

My grandson has a terrible cough we just can't seem to get rid of....so off to the doctor he will have to go today. He missed 2 days of school last week and is too sore from the constant coughing to go today. Seems like so many people, both kids and adults, have that stuff. This time of the year when you can easily use AC and Heat in the SAME DAY.....it seems lots of people get sick.

My daughter and her artist friend did some stenciling on one piece of wall yesterday. They did such a fantastic job!!! I need to get just the right shade mixed to start on the trim. I'm mixing my own since we have lots of the caramel left, but want a lighter version for the trim. I'll mix with some off white I have until I like the shade.
Put in a call to moved. I think moved has a buncha extra paint...... I think it's moved.....right?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Update on Israel.....he either has walking pneumonia or asthma. He has some powerful antibiotics and an inhaler machine. The doctor will see him again on Friday. Based on how he reacts to what she has prescribed will help her determine exactly what the problem is with him. My oldest son had juvenile asthma. If the same is true with Izzy, even all the painting could've set him off. However, the whole town has a cold....so it could be the other as well. Either way, I'm sure he will be fine in a week or two.
Poor little guy........he has been sick for awhile......I have a feeling it's pneumonia.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I met a friend I had worked with eons ago for dinner this weekend. We had a lot of catching up to do and had a fine time.

Other than that all I did was wait for rain and it never came. boo hiss.

Sunday night is my big TV night. I always watch "Sister Wives" and then "The Walking Dead." Hey, look at those two titles. I just realized that they could be connected. bwwwaaahahahahahaha!
There is a new one on right after Walking.......I think it's called Hell to Pay or something.......we watched the first one......it's going to be a good one......it's about the railroad being built......kind of a western, but not really......

Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Is the Walking Dead a good show? I noticed that there were episodes of the show available on Netflix....which ends up being just about the only shows I see regularly. I do sort of like the new show Terra Nova.

Wurzig, I agree. I don't think it is asthma at all since so many people have nasty colds. Mine has been off and on for a month now.

You know, I'm all for medicaid for people who need it and I'm so happy my daughter has this for herself and her son. I'm glad she got one of those breathing machines that cost close to $200 for FREE. What pi$$es me off about the system is this....I was talking to another mother at work last night and she joked about having 3 of those machines at her house (all through medicaid). It is one thing to help someone....it is something else when people take advantage. I think both medicaid and medicare should have some sort of accountability. There is no reason to give someone machine after machine.....or how about a person having to turn it back in unless the doctor says it is still required after 6 weeks or so??? Crazy system. No wonder we are going broke as a nation.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Is the Walking Dead a good show? I noticed that there were episodes of the show available on Netflix....which ends up being just about the only shows I see regularly. I do sort of like the new show Terra Nova.

Wurzig, I agree. I don't think it is asthma at all since so many people have nasty colds. Mine has been off and on for a month now.

You know, I'm all for medicaid for people who need it and I'm so happy my daughter has this for herself and her son. I'm glad she got one of those breathing machines that cost close to $200 for FREE. What pi$$es me off about the system is this....I was talking to another mother at work last night and she joked about having 3 of those machines at her house (all through medicaid). It is one thing to help someone....it is something else when people take advantage. I think both medicaid and medicare should have some sort of accountability. There is no reason to give someone machine after machine.....or how about a person having to turn it back in unless the doctor says it is still required after 6 weeks or so??? Crazy system. No wonder we are going broke as a nation.
Your are so right GloryB. The system should be run different but part of the blame is the people . Did she forget she already had two other machines?

Hope he feels better soon. I hate when the little ones are sick.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Your are so right GloryB. The system should be run different but part of the blame is the people . Did she forget she already had two other machines?

Hope he feels better soon. I hate when the little ones are sick.
There are two sorts of people in America.
The ones who truly love their country.
The ones who only care about what they can get out of it.
The second group is either too spoiled or too greedy to give a crap about
anything but themselves.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:06 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
It may be that Izzy will have to have his tonsils out. I had horrible colds, the croup and such all the time. My parents would sit me in a steam filled bathroom to help me breathe. It got so bad that they had to take me in an ambulance to the hospital and the doctor (a family friend and Air Force neighbor) rode with me in case he had to perform a trac on the way. It was a long drive to the hospital. Seriously. Very long. Lots of miles and mountains.

I did indeed have to have my tonsils removed. I was 5. This was nearly 60 years ago and they still used ether. That was horrible stuff. The upside was that I was in the hospital at West Point Military Academy and I could look out the window and watch the cadets parade to classes. It's so beautiful up there. Those ancient ivy-covered buildings are spectacular. My sister was born there but you would never know it. She's lived in Texas since grade school and her accent can be cut with a knife. I'm the one who sounds like I have New York roots. Which I do since my father was from Brooklyn and I lived in NY for quite a while. AND, I'm the one who was born in Texas. lol

Gee, all the above is TMI. I guess I feel chatty this morning, Y'all.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM

I thought it was all real interesting Ketabcha! I had my tonsils and adnoids (sp?) removed also. I'm not even sure they DO the procedure any longer. Either it was never actually needed or they are just avoiding it now....who knows?

I remember we also had to take castor oil once a year for Pin Worms or actually purchase the related medicine at the drug store. It was for these tiny white worms kids get from being around animals. Makes their butt itch and it also makes them hyper. I've often wondered how many kids on Riddlin actually just needed some castor oil.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
I think both medicaid and medicare should have some sort of accountability.
I've seen, firsthand, how there is no accountability for medicaid and other free services. I used to have friends who abused the medicaid system in many ways and got better care than I or other tax-payers who pay for medical insurance get. They also get free bus service, prescriptions and other things. And they're not even really poor enough to qualify; they've just hidden their assets so they dont have to pay for any medical care or transportation or anything else. (I ended our friendship over that.)

Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
I thought it was all real interesting Ketabcha! I had my tonsils and adnoids (sp?) removed also. I'm not even sure they DO the procedure any longer. Either it was never actually needed or they are just avoiding it now....who knows?

I remember we also had to take castor oil once a year for Pin Worms or actually purchase the related medicine at the drug store. It was for these tiny white worms kids get from being around animals. Makes their butt itch and it also makes them hyper. I've often wondered how many kids on Riddlin actually just needed some castor oil.
My older daughter had her tonsils/adenoids removed when she was four years old. I think it was a general thing to do back then but I had moved when my younger daughter was ready to have it done and she didnt have the surgery. She still gets sore throats every year.

I remember the castor oil! I think you're referring to tape worms. We didnt have pets when I was growing up but my mother used castor oil for a number of remedies. She was born/raised in Germany and had some strange ideas about health. She gave my sister and me enemas once a week from the time we were 3-4 years old until we were teenagers. I hated that Saturday-night enema routine but thought everyone did it and was surprised to learn otherwise when I was a teenager. Boy, did I refuse to do it anymore when I learned that my mother's thinking was not the norm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff