Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Do star sisters know the Stairway to Heaven?
I'm not sure we are that classy. We are more of the Boot Scootin' Boogey kind...............

Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM

I had a spectacular week at work....but I'm still glad it's Friday and I'm off for the weekend. I think my daughter and grandson are going over to her boyfriend's house again this weekend. (God is good.)

I probably won't be online tonight. My daughter is working with me tonight to make up for taking off tomorrow and we might go out afterwards for awhile. I WILL see you all tomorrow morning!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Have a great night and weekend, Glory!!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Her dad was worried that she would be afraid of dogs, so actually he got her a puppy to keep her company while her arm was healing. I thought it was stupid at the time because at that point I didn't like dogs any longer , but now I see it was a wise move on his part.

Yes, her dad was very wise in that respect.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 AM

HAPPY SATURDAY MORNING!

Tried to go out for a nice dinner with friends and my daughter after work last night (we actually got out early)....my daughter and her boyfriend had FOUR phone conversation. Young love is.............

She is packing up now to go to his apartment for the weekend.

I started watching this movie War on the Island or something (WW2) last night on Netflix having no idea it was a mini series. I actually stayed up until 3AM watching it. Not a block buster.....but a wonderful PBS/BBC kind of movie.

I don't know if there are any noteworthy Saturday freebies, but let me check around.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Hint for finding this thread:
Just scroll down while looking to the right of the page until you see the 56,000 posts number. I don't know why I didn't think of that one earlier.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/cartoon-4.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-15-2012, 10:40 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,528,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
The large dog is an Irish Wolfhound. Large and loveable.
Oh! I think Bob is something else.......as the kids say: MY BAD! hahahaha!
MY BAD!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I imagine that dobermans are probably on that list too, Wurzig -- even thought they've been "dumbed down" from the dobermans of the 1960's-1970's and are now one of the least likely breeds of all to bite. And I use the term "dumbed down" as a compliment in this case. No one needs a dog that will bite -- even living in a high-drugs-and-crime area like I do. All I need is a dog that people think will bite, just because it's large and black and has cropped ears.
There are quite a few on it.......rottweilers, dobermans, German shepherds, akitas, those canary dogs, (they are not called canary dogs, but I always think 'canary'......you know, those dogs who killed that gal in San Francisco after she came back from a jog and tried to enter her apartment)...canary presidio (haha, that's not the word either...presario, I dunno).......probably pitbulls, and that big reddish dog that looks like a big pomeranian, (dang, can't think---chow?).......and several more......

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not sure we are that classy. We are more of the Boot Scootin' Boogey kind...............
I like those two dudes........one of my favorite groups......they split though....

Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 PM

We have been seeing several movies lately......I think I tell you which ones we see when we go.

Tonight we saw Iron Lady.......without seeing anymore, I can tell you right now that Meryl Streep is going to get the oscar for best lady this time.......no question. I am not sure if it will get the best picture because it is kinda dull at times, (just like British personalities.......LOL), but she is unbelievable in this movie and the make-up is amazing!

The Girl-Tattoo story is very good and acting is very good and of course, I want to go to that gorgeous Swedish island now. The War Horse isn't Speilberg's best..... We saw Moneyball on ppv....it's pretty good and interesting, and it's probably interesting because I lived during those times and know about the Oakland A's, etc., but it's not a great movie... I LOVE The HELP. Love, love, love it! The gals deserve awards, but Streep will sweep them away... We've seen several more but I can't remember right now. The story with George Clooney in Hawaii is depressing...(can't think of the name....The Descendants?)...his wife went out on him and he finds out at the worst possible time......but it's a good movie and the acting is very good, and of course, the scenery is, um, paradise......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff