U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 AM

13,816 posts, read 17,058,571 times

Advertisements

WOW, Ketabcha. I just checked the radar map for Texas. Arent you in the Dallas area? if so, your area looks BAD. And, Camper, the San Antonio area looks like it's ready to get hit with some bad weather too.

Take care, both of you. The radar for Houston still looks dry -- but maybe what's getting ready to blow through San Antonio will reach Houston before drying up.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 AM

43,858 posts, read 41,709,683 times
GOOD MORNING!

I never realized what odd weather patterns Texas had. It loves it's EXTREMES. I sure hope our freebie girls are warm and dry!

No plans today....other than going to work later.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 AM

13,816 posts, read 17,058,571 times
Glory, Texas is a big state -- 850 miles wide! It can be snowing in Dallas while we're running the a/c in Houston. It's actually very rare that there's such bad weather (rain, wind, tornadoes) in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston all at the same time. But, since we all had the same bad drought last year, we'll all welcome this bad rainy weather today.

Last edited by TFW46; 01-25-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 AM

11,848 posts, read 11,813,086 times
I keep telling you guys... Texas is the menopause state. You never know what the weather is going to be like.

I heard a little of the storm last night but slept thru most of it ( LOVE my Ambien!!)

Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Glory, Texas is a big state -- 850 miles wide! It can be snowing in Dallas while we're running the a/c in Houston. It's actually very rare that there's such bad weather (rain, wind, tornadoes) in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston all at the same time. But, since we all had the same bad drought last year, we'll all welcome this bad rainy weather today.
I know................

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/funny-graphs-texas.gif (broken link)

Kidding. Other than Georgia or South Carolina, it is the only other state I could happily live in and not have to correct my accent.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Since I plan to move in the next couple of months, I wonder if I should hold off on ordering a bunch of freebies. I'm not sure they will forward them to a new address....other than magazines. It wouldn't be a big deal if I got a FEW things, but I generally get a decent amount. I would pay for a transitional post office box, but so many freebie offers won't sent to postal boxes.

Isn't that just a STUPID thing to worry about? I drive my own self crazy.............

Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Since I plan to move in the next couple of months, I wonder if I should hold off on ordering a bunch of freebies. I'm not sure they will forward them to a new address....other than magazines. It wouldn't be a big deal if I got a FEW things, but I generally get a decent amount. I would pay for a transitional post office box, but so many freebie offers won't sent to postal boxes.

Isn't that just a STUPID thing to worry about? I drive my own self crazy.............
Did you just worries about freebies was stupid?! They are our world!!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM

15,095 posts, read 13,589,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
WOW, Ketabcha. I just checked the radar map for Texas. Arent you in the Dallas area? if so, your area looks BAD. And, Camper, the San Antonio area looks like it's ready to get hit with some bad weather too.

Take care, both of you. The radar for Houston still looks dry -- but maybe what's getting ready to blow through San Antonio will reach Houston before drying up.
Yeah, Arlington and Dallas are underwater. I have a sunken den and it floods from time to time. I know the routine of getting the furniture out of harm's way. It has not flooded yet but the pool is full to the brim and the backyard is underwater. If it rains more, which it will, the pool will flood and the water will come in. I can deal with this. It has happened before. We really need the rain so I won't complain.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM

15,095 posts, read 13,589,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Can you have them sent to your work address until you move?

Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yeah, Arlington and Dallas are underwater. I have a sunken den and it floods from time to time. I know the routine of getting the furniture out of harm's way. It has not flooded yet but the pool is full to the brim and the backyard is underwater. If it rains more, which it will, the pool will flood and the water will come in. I can deal with this. It has happened before. We really need the rain so I won't complain.
Your so calm about it.... I learned along time ago... just go with it if you cant do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff