U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM

11,848 posts, read 11,821,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Yup it is....there was a cute turtle night lite thingy that projected stars on ceilings and I was going to purchase three of them @ 7.99 each but to get the three of them I would have had to pay 15.00 in shipping. It kind of defeats the purpose of a bargain....LOL
I hate when company's so that. It wouldn't cost any more to put them all in one box and ship it . I know s/h keeps me from buying some stuff. I do a lot of ship to store for no charge.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM

20,798 posts, read 8,195,546 times
I know Camper I think they must lose business that way. I know I am not buying the stuff because of that. It was a cool item and I can take care of three gifts but not willing to pay. Oh well.

Other than that how is everyone's day going?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 PM

Great! It turned out to be a beautiful day. Was going to do some house work but decided to open the doors and windows instead!!!

Do you guys realize tomorrow is groundhog day??!!!! Already!

Have a Red Solo cup everyone!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM

13,830 posts, read 17,076,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Read this post. On SOME Flash Items they say there is NO SHIPPING......

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22800738-post2.html

That was an excerpt of my post and it was in reference to the daily flash items, not the 30-minute flash deals that are offered occasionally.

The entire post said "The flash deal items are Valentine's Cookware: red mixers, red compact fridges, red cooking pans, red crock pots, red coffee cups, etc. Free shipping on all flash deal items."

There are daily sales called "flash" but those items do not change every 30 minutes. I try to always identify those daily flash items.

In contrast, no one knows what the 30-minute flash sales deals are going to be.

It's a shame that they use the word "flash" to mean two different things. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I didnt realize that the $4.99 shipping per item is such a problem for people. It bothers me too at times -- but I figure that the item itself is usually so inexpensive that, even with the shipping added to each item, it's cheaper than I can find anywhere else on the internet.

Perhaps the best solution is for me not to post the daily deals any longer. If people want to check them out, they can just use Glory's master thread to find them.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 PM

20,798 posts, read 8,195,546 times
TFW I knew what you meant...the page is all Valentine Collection appliances.. There is a page (or whatever it is) that you click on for the special 30 minute flash deals.

No stress. I have actually a few times ordered some good stuff from that site in the past.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 PM

43,858 posts, read 41,727,490 times
Thanks TFW! I wasn't confused, I just thought maybe we had missed something. I agree with you guys about the shipping. I think they use it as a way to get more for the product that they want to admit. When I used to shop on ebay, people did the same thing.

I'm with Camper, I like to use Sears, Walmart, Target, etc. because they give you the option of free 'store pick up' free shipping. This is especially nice if the product happens to be heavy. Speaking of, I think I'm going to get the bedspread set that has the Golden Gate Bridge on it that I posted this morning. It's just different looking and I was oddly drawn to it. I want to make a cover for my easy chair and that would work nicely and give it some character.

I'm watching PBS where they are dissecting this huge shark who got caught in the nets. There was a LIVE baby shark inside. I watch the dumbest crap........

Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Happy Groundhog Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Thanks TFW! I wasn't confused, I just thought maybe we had missed something. I agree with you guys about the shipping. I think they use it as a way to get more for the product that they want to admit. When I used to shop on ebay, people did the same thing.

I'm with Camper, I like to use Sears, Walmart, Target, etc. because they give you the option of free 'store pick up' free shipping. This is especially nice if the product happens to be heavy. Speaking of, I think I'm going to get the bedspread set that has the Golden Gate Bridge on it that I posted this morning. It's just different looking and I was oddly drawn to it. I want to make a cover for my easy chair and that would work nicely and give it some character.

I'm watching PBS where they are dissecting this huge shark who got caught in the nets. There was a LIVE baby shark inside. I watch the dumbest crap........
Can't find the bedspread...

Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM

43,858 posts, read 41,727,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Can't find the bedspread...
This one:
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

...and this one is kind of cool also:
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

I think I just like the muted colors and the fact of them looking different.
I didn't realize how many great looking bed sets Target had, since I generally look at Walmart.

Wish I would've bought it yesterday as I had planned. Now, they are BOTH full price. But, I imagine I'll end up getting one of them.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:33 PM

15,103 posts, read 13,601,476 times
The DFW area in Texas is the first to have watering restrictions lifted. All that rain and flooding we got last week is what loaded up the lakes and made things more liveable.

Looks like we are going to get more rain on Friday and Saturday. I hope you guys in Houston and San Antonio get some rain, too.

I went to bed last night at 11 and did not wake up until noon today. I guess I needed the sleep. I do love to sleep...especially in the winter. I'm not grouchy so I guess I was not hibernating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff