U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 41,742,263 times
Reputation: 58508

Advertisements

Look....it's me....Super Grandma.....





The kids put these on my screensaver while I was at work last night. I saw them when I turned on my laptop.

 
Old 05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 41,742,263 times
Reputation: 58508
Mr Bob is almost at his first star.....just saying.......
 
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,847 posts, read 11,827,724 times
Reputation: 16980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Look....it's me....Super Grandma.....





The kids put these on my screensaver while I was at work last night. I saw them when I turned on my laptop.
That is so cute!!!!
 
Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,847 posts, read 11,827,724 times
Reputation: 16980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Mr Bob is almost at his first star.....just saying.......
I'm trying, I'm trying!!

Hey Mr Bob.... NICE MONKEY!!!!!
 
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 41,742,263 times
Reputation: 58508
I'm so ready to go to bed.....
 
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 41,742,263 times
Reputation: 58508
I was too tired to post about this last night, but the engine light is on in my car. When I started to leave work last night, it took two tries to crank the car. My car has never done this. So, I just about held my breath all the way home because I'm such a spaz.

My daughter said she would drive it down to the diagnostic place this morning to see what the deal was. She is always so calm and collected. I wish I had that trait. I went into one of my 'but what if it dies on the road to the place' ???? She said she would figure it out if it happened and I needed to quit fretting all the time over everything. I know for a fact she didn't get that laid back gene from me.....and oh....I wish I had it.

So, she's out with the car that has something wrong with it....and I'm sitting here at home holding my breath.

UPDATE: I needed a battery. Mine was so low until the guy laughed that anyone was driving the car. A new tire and a battery all in one week. Life is grand.

Last edited by GloryB; 05-17-2012 at 10:38 AM..
 
Old 05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Colorado
4,022 posts, read 4,363,288 times
Reputation: 8622
I need to teach you a few things about a car, gb......AAA roadside service is also a good thing to have....it will help with the spaz attacks if you ever get stranded...

Dang, where is tfw? I hope she is not worse.....

Fire in the Rockies near my house....we can see it rising off the mts. like a big campfire...the smoke is here, now, too.......thought I left all this behind in S. CA. sigh. It was a dry winter here....I hope this is not the beginning of a bad, bad summer.... We had a small thunder storm blow thru about 2 hours ago, but not enough to put it out.... It started a few days ago......not anywhere near being contained......

Did a lot more gardening yesterday.......I am not going to mess with a whole lot of seeds next year.....

Went to Cheyenne to the VA. yesterday....... Cheyenne is definitely part of the old, wild, wild west......WY, is for that matter.

Gonna give my kid a small bbq-grad party on Saturday......am really overwhelmed, trying to find room for all her stuff, washing load after load...... We were going to have it next Saturday, but things changed and I don't have the time to write about it.....

Thinking of you guys.....especially tfw....
 
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado
4,022 posts, read 4,363,288 times
Reputation: 8622
Bob's a good guy........always finds so many freebie samples.......just repped him......he deserves his first star!
 
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,847 posts, read 11,827,724 times
Reputation: 16980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I need to teach you a few things about a car, gb......AAA roadside service is also a good thing to have....it will help with the spaz attacks if you ever get stranded...

Dang, where is tfw? I hope she is not worse.....

Fire in the Rockies near my house....we can see it rising off the mts. like a big campfire...the smoke is here, now, too.......thought I left all this behind in S. CA. sigh. It was a dry winter here....I hope this is not the beginning of a bad, bad summer.... We had a small thunder storm blow thru about 2 hours ago, but not enough to put it out.... It started a few days ago......not anywhere near being contained......

Did a lot more gardening yesterday.......I am not going to mess with a whole lot of seeds next year.....

Went to Cheyenne to the VA. yesterday....... Cheyenne is definitely part of the old, wild, wild west......WY, is for that matter.

Gonna give my kid a small bbq-grad party on Saturday......am really overwhelmed, trying to find room for all her stuff, washing load after load...... We were going to have it next Saturday, but things changed and I don't have the time to write about it.....

Thinking of you guys.....especially tfw....

Dang girl, didn't you just go thru all this with her stuff? Why did you let her take it all back??
 
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,847 posts, read 11,827,724 times
Reputation: 16980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I was too tired to post about this last night, but the engine light is on in my car. When I started to leave work last night, it took two tries to crank the car. My car has never done this. So, I just about held my breath all the way home because I'm such a spaz.

My daughter said she would drive it down to the diagnostic place this morning to see what the deal was. She is always so calm and collected. I wish I had that trait. I went into one of my 'but what if it dies on the road to the place' ???? She said she would figure it out if it happened and I needed to quit fretting all the time over everything. I know for a fact she didn't get that laid back gene from me.....and oh....I wish I had it.

So, she's out with the car that has something wrong with it....and I'm sitting here at home holding my breath.

UPDATE: I needed a battery. Mine was so low until the guy laughed that anyone was driving the car. A new tire and a battery all in one week. Life is grand.
You just a high class bi**h these days!! Congratulations and the new spark!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top