U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 09:28 AM

11,887 posts, read 12,494,129 times

Advertisements

Can I start this one??!!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM

8,095 posts, read 12,722,337 times
Glad I checked before posting, or we would have ended up with 2 #2's

Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm going to be the first one to post on the new thread!!

What a wonderful day it's going to be. The weather is beautiful, hubby is having a great day and my pain pills are starting to kick in!!!!!

Oops, typed to slow. Gandalara beat me to the first post!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,529,408 times

THANKS Camper for starting CHAT II.....the Freequel.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 AM

I had a great weekend. My daughter made me a "Mother Who Had To Be A Father" Days card and my youngest son took me out to lunch. Funny how we think our kids don't appreciate us...only to find out that they do. I think them having to face life and take some financial responsibility for their own choices has brought out the best in them. They even called my Dad....which made him happy!

I hope everyone enjoyed their own Father's Day.

The freebies sure are bleak...............

Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I had a great weekend. My daughter made me a "Mother Who Had To Be A Father" Days card and my youngest son took me out to lunch. Funny how we think our kids don't appreciate us...only to find out that they do. I think them having to face life and take some financial responsibility for their own choices has brought out the best in them. They even called my Dad....which made him happy!

I hope everyone enjoyed their own Father's Day.

The freebies sure are bleak...............
But that post was great!!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 AM

I'm just glad the top posts don't have my name on them. I'm always glad when you guys post on a freebie so it doesn't look like I post on this forum by myself.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 PM

15,628 posts, read 14,671,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm just glad the top posts don't have my name on them. I'm always glad when you guys post on a freebie so it doesn't look like I post on this forum by myself.
Here, I'll cover for you.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 AM

Good Morning!

I got a great night's sleep, so I'm feeling really good this morning. I will feel better if there are any freebies to be found. Towards the end of the month, they just keep getting less and less.

I sure am concerned about the oil gusher in the gulf. It doesn't look good. When I worked for the Navy, my job was to get contaminated oil (contaminated by sea seapage into tanks) off the carrier and onto the pier. We ran huge hoses off the ship into frak tanks (the back of a semi truck). The Coast Guard did the inspections to make sure none leaked into the ocean. Sometimes we would have 12 of them full of oil and sea water.

If it was super toxic to the point of not being able to allow it on the road, we would try a variety of ways to neutralize it until we could at least get it taken off the pier to wherever they dealt with it in a washer facility in Georgia. People got sick. People died. I was rushed to the hospital with only 38% of my oxygen left. I was sick for two years afterwards.

Hydrogen Sulfate (H2S) is a very serious substance. It is what killed and made sick thousands of people who did the Exxon clean up. We KNOW all this, but it seems to me the government and all involved are really minimizing the end result of this toxic stuff. They say they are testing the air quality, but it isn't that type of a substance. Just a few drops of it in an enclosed space (such as a shed or garage) WILL kill you in 5 minutes. It sucks the oxygen out of you.

Both the oil and the sea water is made up of dead things. H2S is the natural toxic chemical that comes from both. Mixed together and baking in the sun is a lethal combination.

I'm no doom and gloomer.....but I know all about this stuff.....and people aren't being told the truth. The EPA is using words like VOC, not explaining that this crap is a chemical asphyxiant, like carbon monoxide and cyanide gases...so folks don't know and won't panic. They will smell the 'rotten egg smell' at first, then their nose senses are deadened and they won't know they are near it until it is too late.

Just remember this post down the road.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,595,797 times
What? You guys started this and weren't going to tell me? I'm deeply offended!

I read an article in yesterday's Times......boy, the shrimp, etc., guys are getting really depressed. They had closed one of those medical counseling places and now they are scrambling to open it again.....they are afraid they are all going to commit suicide..... Many of them don't even have GED's.....they know nothing but shrimping..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff