Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,959,702 times

Advertisements

Mailinator [mailinator.com] is a free disposable e-mail address service created in 2003 by Paul Tyma. The idea is to let a user create a new e-mail address on-the-fly, whenever needed, for instance while filling a form on a web site.

Mailinator will accept mail for any e-mail address within the mailinator.com domain, and allows anyone to read it without having to create an account or enter a password. It is intended to provide users with an anonymous and temporary e-mail address to help reduce Inbox spam.

Protect your privacy and avoid spam.
Use Mailinator!
No Registration!
No Sign-up!
How do I create an account at Mailinator? It's simple, you just send email to it. Temporary accounts are created when email arrives for them. First, you give out the mailinator email address you created, and then you check it. It's that simple.

Do I have to sign up? No sign-up, you don't even have to tell Mailinator you're coming.

What email address should I use? Anything you want! You can be bipper@mailinator.com, pinkystinky@mailinator.com, or if you're a 16-25 year old male you can be bigdaddy@mailinator.com. Just make sure your "anything" is followed by @mailinator.com (or one of our alternate domains list on the left of this page).

What can I do with the email address? Give it out. Use it in webforms. Post it on forums. Use it any time you need an email address, but don't want to be slowed down by the sign-up process or spammed for eternity.

Then what? How do I check the email? You have several options:
check the mailbox here on this site
via RSS
via a widget!
via your web browser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,959,702 times
TFW, here is one of the MANY free emails you can use. This one actually deletes the emails for you after whatever time date you set. Keep in mind some of the freebies require you to certify your address by clicking back to their site from the email they send you. I try to mark those so folks can decide which email they want to use for that particular offer.....but for most of them.....you can just use a free email site like this.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,642,989 times
GloryB, you are the best! Thank you sweetie, for always being so helpful to those who come to this site. You're always looking out for us, and I can't imagine the amount of time you spend just helping others. If we ever meet, I'm giving you a big hug for the Freebie Gang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff