U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:43 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,584,128 times

Advertisements

As you all know per my other thread, I am sorta new to the coupon world and do manage to save money using them. I have not watched the extreme coupon shows, but have heard stories about how people manage to get ten carts of stuff for $5 or so. My question is, how do they do this? The only thing I can think of is they are using multiple manufacturer coupons for one item. I thought you couldn't do this method? Don't get me wrong, I don't want carts of stuff, but I would like to be able to get a toothbrush or deodorant for pennies using multiple coupons for one item.

Is this how they do it and if so, how do they get away with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM

10,762 posts, read 19,153,370 times
Go to the frugal forum, this was and is discussed.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 PM

15 posts, read 44,458 times
yes you can use a store coupon AND a manufacturer coupon on the same product. Many times it makes the product free so thats when to stock up.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,356,093 times
Hey sweetie, I want to answer your question but don't have time at the moment....but will be back to tell you how I save $. Never would I get the kind of stuff you mentioned, but I have saved up to 46%! Will be back when I get a chance.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 PM

I went and bought a binder today and the clear sheets. I am really in this now...lol

Old 08-28-2011, 10:13 PM

527 posts, read 1,754,253 times
I need to understand whether stores like walmart accept competitors coupons like say walgreens / krogers ??
Like i have found couple of useful coupons but they are of walgreens and have the text "good at walgreens" written on them, can they be used to walmart.

PS: Sorry if the query is stupid, but i am just starting with couponing so have queries.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
I need to understand whether stores like walmart accept competitors coupons like say walgreens / krogers ??
Like i have found couple of useful coupons but they are of walgreens and have the text "good at walgreens" written on them, can they be used to walmart.

PS: Sorry if the query is stupid, but i am just starting with couponing so have queries.
As per their television advertisement, they will beat any coupon deal you find. So even if they don't actually TAKE the coupon, they do give you the savings.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,639,758 times
I think I've posted this site before....but just in case I didn't:
A Beginner’s Guide to Couponing | Couponing 101

It covers anything you would want to know about couponing in general and how to apply the coupons to specific stores.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,356,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I went and bought a binder today and the clear sheets. I am really in this now...lol
Cool! I use a small bin that fits in the child seat. I hope to find one that fits better, though. I made my own dividers and I'm slowly getting a system. Still hoping to get better at it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
I need to understand whether stores like walmart accept competitor's coupons like say walgreens / krogers ??

Like they say, the only dumb questions are those that aren't asked. I figure, you can't lose by asking.

What I did was call the stores I go to and simply ask them which competitor's coupons they take. It varies from store to store and even location to location.
My Publix will take coupons from both Target and Winn-Dixie.
Winn-Dixie will NOT take Publix, cuz they have the Look-up # instead of a bar code. Which is probably exactly why Publix does it that way!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Just glanced at the Kroger ad that came out today. They are offering Herbal Essences shampoo for $1.99. Then I have a ton of $1-off coupons for Herbal Essences, so they will be 99 cents! That's the price of the el-cheapo White Rain!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff