U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 AM

43,858 posts, read 45,248,785 times

Advertisements

Yearbookarchives.com (http://www.classmates.com/registration/yearbook/index.jsp? - broken link)

50 million people from more than 200,000 schools are already online sharing photos, messaging, planning reunions, and checking out old yearbook entries and photos. It's free to register at Classmates and browse any yearbook on file.
Wow...THAT could be interesting.

OK...I have to go back to this site and see if any of mine are available.
Then again, it could be really depressing.

UPDATE: When they get to the part where they want to charge you the $2.50, just click the 'Skip' option on the
right top hand side. Then you can flip thru the yearbook you chose. All I found was pics of the people NOW who
have joined....and that was really more interesting than seeing what they looked like back in the 70's. You have
to pay to put in your own pic. I didn't.

I think the freebie title they give is somewhat misleading....but it turned out really fun anyway....so I won't remove it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM

11,993 posts, read 13,036,257 times
This is exactly why I choose NOT to be in the yearbook my senior year. Noe one is going to go back 39 years later and compare the then and now of me! OMG... has it been 39 years??!!!! That's just not fair. It seems like just a few years....

Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,264,325 times
Thankfully, my year book isn't on that site.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM

15,352 posts, read 20,374,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Thankfully, my year book isn't on that site.

Me too. My school is there -- surprisingly, because it's a small all-girls' school but my year isnt there. I'm going to save this, though, for future reference. Thanks, Glory!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
This is exactly why I choose NOT to be in the yearbook my senior year. Noe one is going to go back 39 years later and compare the then and now of me! OMG... has it been 39 years??!!!! That's just not fair. It seems like just a few years....

Crying about 39 years??? Next year will be my class's 50th year reunion! OMG! I have to lose weight, get a facelift, buy a new wardrobe -- all in one year....

One good thing... Many of my classmates married quite well and are very well-off now -- but I was only 15 when I graduated, so I'll always be younger than them.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:19 AM

43,858 posts, read 45,248,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Crying about 39 years??? Next year will be my class's 50th year reunion! OMG! I have to lose weight, get a facelift, buy a new wardrobe -- all in one year....

One good thing... Many of my classmates married quite well and are very well-off now -- but I was only 15 when I graduated, so I'll always be younger than them.
Well, even if you weren't younger in years, I think you look great! It's not as though the others will all look like they did in high school either.

I never went to a reunion and have no desire to. My memory is so bad these days, I probably won't remember who the h*ll half of them are anyway.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:21 AM

I've been having SO much fun looking at yearbooks on that site! I even found a yearbook (not from my school but from a neighboring one) that had a lot of my friends and ordered it. Thanks again, Glory!!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM

I probably wont go but,l since it is the 50th-year anniversary, there might be a lot of good (free) food and drinks.

I really was a nerd in those days (I know, i still am a nerd but I've accepted, and even embraced, it now). I had a page-boy hair style in those days and my mother made me wear a hairnet -- I dont know why and I never asked. But I looked pretty weird with it on. I was lucky that, in that all-girls' school, intelligence was respected more than beauty -- so I was a leader in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, even if you weren't younger in years, I think you look great! It's not as though the others will all look like they did in high school either.

I never went to a reunion and have no desire to. My memory is so bad these days, I probably won't remember who the h*ll half of them are anyway.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:30 PM

890 posts, read 2,527,031 times
I just had to say thanks for feeling younger being my hs was only 25+ years ago.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Oh, I did find my sophomore year photo in one yearbook! I ordered that yearbook -- it cost $89.95, so that will be my splurge item for the month. When it arrives. I'll scan my photo and post it here.

I've had such a great time finding photos of old classmates (and, yes, Joseph Marnix, all my classmates are old enough to be your parents). Thanks again SO much, Glory!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff