U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM

22,184 posts, read 12,202,005 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/Macys/app_363246600386873

Now Through Mothers Day say "Thanks" to the amazing moms in your life and we'll donate $3.00,up to a total of $400,000,to your choice of of one of five mom-approved charities.

Charities:
National Park Foundation
Go Red For Women (American Heart Association)
Futures Without Violence
Reading Is Fundamental
Make A Wish Foundation

MACY'S "THANK-A-MOM" FAQS

HOW DO I SEND AN E-CARD THROUGH MACY'S "THANK-A-MOM" PROGRAM?
The tab ("Tab") for the Macy's 'Thank-a-Mom' program is located on Macy's official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/macys. You will need to log in to your Facebook account and "like" the official Macy's Facebook page to gain access to the Tab. Follow the instructions to complete a card and share with your friends and family.

HOW DO I "LIKE" MACY'S FACEBOOK PAGE?
After successfully logging in to your personal account on www.facebook.com, proceed to http://www.facebook.com/macys and click on the "LIKE" button located at the top of the page.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM NOT A REGISTERED FACEBOOK USER?
You must be a registered user of Facebook and "like" Macy's on Facebook. There is no charge or fee to become a register user of Facebook

MY FACEBOOK PROFILE IS PRIVATE, WILL THAT AFFECT MY PARTICIPATION?
No. This will not affect how your card is shared or how Macy's donates to the charities.

WHEN CAN I SEND AN E-CARD THROUGH MACY'S "THANK-A-MOM" PROGRAM?
The program begins on April 24, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

IS THERE AN AGE REQUIREMENT?
Users on Facebook must be at least 13 years old.

CAN I SHARE MORE THAN 1 CARD?
Yes, you may select any card and share it with multiple people, up to 15 email addresses and 15 Facebook friends.

HOW DOES THE $3 DONATION GET ALLOCATED TO THE CHARITIES?
When you get to the "select a charity" page - you click on the one you want to have the $3 allocated to. Then once you pick your card and send to your friend - Macy's will make a $3 donation for each one sent. For example, if you send one card to one friend, Macy's will donate $3. If you send one card to 5 friends, Macy's will donate $15.

WHICH INTERNET BROWSER DO I NEED IN ORDER TO VIEW THE TAB &SEND A CARD?
You'll need to use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox or Safari. Unfortunately, the Google Chrome browser is not supported.

WHY DO I GET A POP-UP BOX WINDOW ASKING ME TO ALLOW THIS APPLICATION?
Asking for your permission is standard procedure for Facebook applications. You must click "allow" in order to send the card to your Facebook friends.

Last edited by bobrainman; 04-29-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff