Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Here we go again. I've probably mentioned this in the last couple of years. Sometimes my doorbell rings where there is no one there. It had been happening in the middle of the night about a year ago. I finally figured out that it was the wind. My front door is set in a courtyard. I, aka Snoop Sister, decided that a wind tunnel of sorts happened and the wind rang the bell.

So, it has not happened in ages, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. That is until 3 mornings ago when the doorbell rang at 8:30 am. I was still in bed because I am retired and also because I am lazy. No one at the door. It happened at the same time yesterday and this morning. Soooo.....what the devil is going on?

There is a possibility that my best friend hired someone to ring the bell so that I would get out of bed, have a cup of coffee and prepare to watch "The View" which she and I will talk about at 11:00.

Actually, I'm kidding. She would not do that. It may be that the doorbell is malfunctioning. It's the same doorbell I had installed in 1978 when I had this house built. Maybe it is time for a new bell. I'll probably have a new one installed and I will make sure it is blue since I live in Texas. In doing that I am a prepper because when the zombie apocalypse starts and I'm running out of Mountain House prepper food, I can eat the Blue Bell.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
She's grown

Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Ketabcha, I remember your posting about your doorbell previously. That's eeire and a bit disturbing. Maybe there's a short in the wiring. Rather than install a new doorbell, I'd disconnect it entirely and put up a nice door knocker instead -- a heavy one that cant be affected by wind or wiring.

msev, thanks SO much for the photo. I cant believe how much that cherry tree has grown! I remember when you posted photos last June and told us that you'd planted seeds last winter. You must have a very special touch.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Here we go again. I've probably mentioned this in the last couple of years. Sometimes my doorbell rings where there is no one there. It had been happening in the middle of the night about a year ago. I finally figured out that it was the wind. My front door is set in a courtyard. I, aka Snoop Sister, decided that a wind tunnel of sorts happened and the wind rang the bell.

So, it has not happened in ages, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. That is until 3 mornings ago when the doorbell rang at 8:30 am. I was still in bed because I am retired and also because I am lazy. No one at the door. It happened at the same time yesterday and this morning. Soooo.....what the devil is going on?

There is a possibility that my best friend hired someone to ring the bell so that I would get out of bed, have a cup of coffee and prepare to watch "The View" which she and I will talk about at 11:00.

Actually, I'm kidding. She would not do that. It may be that the doorbell is malfunctioning. It's the same doorbell I had installed in 1978 when I had this house built. Maybe it is time for a new bell. I'll probably have a new one installed and I will make sure it is blue since I live in Texas. In doing that I am a prepper because when the zombie apocalypse starts and I'm running out of Mountain House prepper food, I can eat the Blue Bell.

LMAO!!! I had to read that a few times before I understood the Blue Bell reference. The Zombie stuff is still lost on me.

I wish we were neighbors!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:48 PM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
Tfw46, i can't believe how nuch it's grown.Will plant a couple of seeds this winter. Will need another tree or two so they can pollinate and bear fruit.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Tfw46, i can't believe how nuch it's grown.Will plant a couple of seeds this winter. Will need another tree or two so they can pollinate and bear fruit.
That has really grown. It's a sense of accomplishment, isn't it. I love to grow things from seeds. Avocado pits are fun to grow and watch.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
In doing that I am a prepper because when the zombie apocalypse starts and I'm running out of Mountain House prepper food, I can eat the Blue Bell.
Do you watch The Walking Dead?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Do you watch The Walking Dead?
I sure do. In fact I am a rabid fan. I've also read the compendiums of TWD.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
LMAO!!! I had to read that a few times before I understood the Blue Bell reference. The Zombie stuff is still lost on me.

I wish we were neighbors!
I somehow missed this post. Sorry for the late reply, Camp.

Zombies have been the "it" thing among readers in recent years. Also, we all watch The Walking Dead and all the zombie movies that come out. It's a fictitious genre, of course, but it has really caught on. Last year some group hijacked the flashing signs street signs on I-35 through Austin (the one below the raised highway) and set them all to blink "Danger. Zombie Outbreak Ahead." Then they dressed up as zombies, used pots of dry ice and walked between the cars stopped at red lights. It was a total hoot. I've always been scared of zombies. So, I jumped right into the mix and I'm having great fun with it.

I wish we were neighbors, too. I also wish TFW and Bob were living with us in a gated community with adjoining back yards where we could drive each other nuts and where we would be safe from the zombies.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Ketabcha, it would be lovely to be neighbors with you, Camper and Bob.

"Winter" has finally come to Houston. The temps over the past two nights have dropped into the low 50's. (I can hear Bob laughing now.) It'll warm up again in a few days but I'm so enjoying this weather while it lasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff