Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

My older daughter, who grew up in this city and has lived here all her adult life, just left for a new life 3,000 miles away. I know it was meant to be, as the universe had everything just fall into place for her to go. She stayed with me for the past week (after closing on the sale of her house) and, with her and her dog gone, the house is so empty.

No matter how old my adult daughters get, my heart still sees them as 4- and 5- year olds. I so admire the way both of them have gone after what they want in life and made things happen. I'm praying that my older daughter's new life is all that she hopes/wants it to be, even though I'll be so lonely without her.

My New Year's resolution this year was the same as last year's: to say, out loud every night, 3 things for which I was grateful that day. It will be so hard for me to do that tonight.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
My older daughter, who grew up in this city and has lived here all her adult life, just left for a new life 3,000 miles away. I know it was meant to be, as the universe had everything just fall into place for her to go. She stayed with me for the past week (after closing on the sale of her house) and, with her and her dog gone, the house is so empty.

No matter how old my adult daughters get, my heart still sees them as 4- and 5- year olds. I so admire the way both of them have gone after what they want in life and made things happen. I'm praying that my older daughter's new life is all that she hopes/wants it to be, even though I'll be so lonely without her.

My New Year's resolution this year was the same as last year's: to say, out loud every night, 3 things for which I was grateful that day. It will be so hard for me to do that tonight.

No, it won't. You're still here. You've raised two successful, independent young women. You just had a full week with her, which I'm sure is time you'll always cherish. You've created a close-knit family as evidenced by the pain you're feeling today.

There - I just handed you four things.

Just remember, she's just further away geographically - she's not gone forever.

Make that five things.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, it won't. You're still here. You've raised two successful, independent young women. You just had a full week with her, which I'm sure is time you'll always cherish. You've created a close-knit family as evidenced by the pain you're feeling today.
There - I just handed you four things.
Just remember, she's just further away geographically - she's not gone forever.
Make that five things.

You're very wise, MPowering1 -- and very right. Thanks so much for the wakeup post.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You're very wise, MPowering1 -- and very right. Thanks so much for the wakeup post.
I don't know about wise but it's the tough love talk I give myself - only I raised men, not women.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't know about wise but it's the tough love talk I give myself - only I raised men, not women.

Thansk again. I'm feeling better today.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Thansk again. I'm feeling better today.
Glad to hear it, TFW, and any time!

Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
I don't know how I managed it but I've been hit hard by the flu. I assume it is the flu thought I'm not so sure since there have been intestinal problems (TMI, I know) and breathing problems. It's been going on for nearly a week now. Today, however, I found it easier to breathe and even felt somewhat hungry. So, maybe I am on the road to feeling much better.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Sorry you're not feeling well, Ketabcha. Maybe the stress of Bob's death has affected your immune system. I got my flu shot too early -- mid-August -- and am going to get another one because I've been under stress and my immunity is down these days.

Please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I don't know how I managed it but I've been hit hard by the flu. I assume it is the flu thought I'm not so sure since there have been intestinal problems (TMI, I know) and breathing problems. It's been going on for nearly a week now. Today, however, I found it easier to breathe and even felt somewhat hungry. So, maybe I am on the road to feeling much better.
Uhhhhh.....I've had the same thing. Did you breathe on me here?

Not kidding! It started Monday or Tuesday of this week.

I was feeling a bit better yesterday and much better today.

This is odd...lol.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:17 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I thought of Bob again today - one of my mags. is ending - I do really appreciate those posts he made for those. On another note - I am finding muscles I didn't remember having - tried to bring in a trash can (we have those big ones on wheels, it goes to my armpit level) in the morning when I went out for the paper - didn't realize it was icy and took a "graceful IMO, LOL" drop to the ground - felt it last night and today and my thumb still hurts - I'm one of those that can grow long nails no prob. (and my friends who can't hate that, LOL) - I am overdue to cut them down but my thumb nail bent back - didn't break but it's sore as heck and numb-ish under my nail. Just glad I didn't break anything - bones or skin (I had gloves on).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff