Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 06:02 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Ketabcha. My daughter used to have a beautiful log cabin on a mountain outside Sedalia, Colorado. And she also had a loverly house outside of San Francisco. But she says that she loves where she now lives best of all. She loves the open air and the lack of any kind of crime. She keeps telling me it's a different world up there.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:27 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think that both you and Miss Lulu will have a bodacious time.

IMHO, visiting wide-open spaces is a cleansing experience.

It has been my experience that open country, no matter the view, tends to settle me down. When we were stationed outside Wichita, Kansas I would sit on the garbage can in the back of the carport and watch the wheat fields behind our quarters while reciting Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem "Tears, Idle Tears." I was maudlin (not due to drink), I was basically full of it and I was in my mid teens. I don't think you will be acting that way, TFW, but I do think this visit is going to be wonderful for you. A breath of fresh air so to speak.
And that my deer friends is why I love camping.

Have a blast TFW, think of me often and just breath.... <3

Old 04-06-2018, 04:16 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Enjoy - hope it works out and try to keep in touch?

Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Enjoy - hope it works out and try to keep in touch?

Thanks, Flamingo. My main concern is how Lulu will adapt to living in a small house with 7 large dogs, 6 of whom have never met her and who may be aggressive to her because they're a protective breed and it's "their" house. I hope to spend a lot of time walking with her on the 4 acres. My daughter will keep the horses in the stables during those times. Her own dogs know not to get near the horses but Lulu has probably never seen a horse and could get close enough to get kicked.

My daughter is already talking about my staying there for months on end but I'm not comfortable with being gone from my home for that long. I'm used to living alone and having my own schedule and especially my own bathroom. I'm not looking forward to sharing a bathroom with my daughter and her 25-year-old son. But I appreciate that she wants me to try living up there for a while to see how lovely it can be -- in hopes that I'll move up to that area.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:23 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Thanks, Flamingo. My main concern is how Lulu will adapt to living in a small house with 7 large dogs, 6 of whom have never met her and who may be aggressive to her because they're a protective breed and it's "their" house. I hope to spend a lot of time walking with her on the 4 acres. My daughter will keep the horses in the stables during those times. Her own dogs know not to get near the horses but Lulu has probably never seen a horse and could get close enough to get kicked.

My daughter is already talking about my staying there for months on end but I'm not comfortable with being gone from my home for that long. I'm used to living alone and having my own schedule and especially my own bathroom. I'm not looking forward to sharing a bathroom with my daughter and her 25-year-old son. But I appreciate that she wants me to try living up there for a while to see how lovely it can be -- in hopes that I'll move up to that area.
Change is hard I know but if you have family that wants you and want to be around them I would have an open mind and give it a good try. If she has that much land any chance you could have a small manufactured home moved there? That would give you your pwn space for you and Liulu.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Change is hard I know but if you have family that wants you and want to be around them I would have an open mind and give it a good try. If she has that much land any chance you could have a small manufactured home moved there? That would give you your pwn space for you and Liulu.

Thanks, Camper. Yes, change is hard for me -- and, when I think about all the changes through which I'd have to go to move up there, it seems overwhelming. I'll see what life up there is like and then think about it.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:01 PM

Hey, everyone! I'm back! I had the BEST time and would have stayed longer except that I had brought only a certain amount of meds with me.

I spent many hours just sitting outside smelling the clean air and enjoying the scenery and the wonderful lack of noise. My daughter's 4 acres borders the Davy Crockett National Forest and is so lovely.

It really is a different world up there. My daughter has no TV but she has a large library of DVDs. I never even missed TV and didnt miss having no internet either. (My daughter does have an iPhone or one of those iGadgets, but I wasnt comfortable using it.)

Lulu loved walking around all the acreage. She got more exercise in one day that she’s gotten in the 2+ years she’s lived in my house.

I hope that Lulu and I can spend a week every month or so up there. Eventually I’ll probably move up there.

Here are two photos. One shows a very small portion of the front yard and the other shows Lulu expressing her joy at having 4 acres to explore. She did wonder about those huge dogs (9 horses) in one fenced-off area.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-joeys-yard-04-2018.jpg   Freebie chat part 3-lulu-joeys-04-2018-2.jpg  

Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Welcome back - glad you enjoyed your time. Maybe the plan to get up there for a week every month or so is a good one, you'll all get some family time, kick back time, etc.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:36 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
TFW, I'm glad you and Miss Lulu had a mighty fine time. The lack of noise is quite wonderful, isn't it? I'm so happy it was restful for you. Next time carry more drugs.......heeheehee.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
TFW, I'm glad you and Miss Lulu had a mighty fine time. The lack of noise is quite wonderful, isn't it? I'm so happy it was restful for you. Next time carry more drugs.......heeheehee.

Thanks, Ketabcha. I wasnt sure if Lulu would be able to adjust and was pleasantly surprised at how much both she and I loved it there. Next time I'll probably bring the entire bottles of my meds instead of just a weekly pill dispenser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff