Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I wonder how Bob's doing? He's been in my thoughts all morning. I so wished we all lived in the same town. I have all my days free and wouldn't mind at all just running by when someone needed a hand. I could sit with you, run and errand, take you to lunch, do some chores ( not that I do my own, ha ha!!) What ever needed doing. just to be there.
It would be nice if we all lived close to each other!

I will be seeing my doc tomarrow and start steroids for 5 days again.
It will get rid of the knumbness in my hands and legs.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:33 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I wonder how Bob's doing? He's been in my thoughts all morning. I so wished we all lived in the same town. I have all my days free and wouldn't mind at all just running by when someone needed a hand. I could sit with you, run and errand, take you to lunch, do some chores ( not that I do my own, ha ha!!) What ever needed doing. just to be there.

Me too, Camper. I'd love to help Bob out -- and you and anyone else here. I hate that most of us are so far away from each other.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
It would be nice if we all lived close to each other!

I will be seeing my doc tomarrow and start steroids for 5 days again.
It will get rid of the knumbness in my hands and legs.

When I've had to take the 5-day steroid package, it's made me feel pretty good (both physically and mentally) for a while. I hope you get the same result, dear Bob.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I hate that most of us are so far away from each other.
Well, let's look at the positive side of living so far away from each other:

When the zombie apocalypse starts we will have people we can move in with who are far from the zombies.

We could all go to Bob's and visit Boston. We could pahk the cahs in Harvard Square.

We could all go to Camper's because she can put us up in her RV and we could feed the deer and have a hoedown in her barn.

We could all go to your place, TFW, and visit with Queenie while I swipe some of your beautiful pots.

All y'all can come here. I am a pseudo prepper and have food, camp stove, water (the pool holds 20,000 gals and I have water purification pills) and we can go to Billy Bob's and do the two-step.

See, we can work it out.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:46 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

When the zombie apocalypse starts we will have people we can move in with who are far from the zombies.

We could all go to Bob's and visit Boston. We could pahk the cahs in Harvard Square.

We could all go to Camper's because she can put us up in her RV and we could feed the deer and have a hoedown in her barn.

We could all go to your place, TFW, and visit with Queenie while I swipe some of your beautiful pots.

All y'all can come here. I am a pseudo prepper and have food, camp stove, water (the pool holds 20,000 gals and I have water purification pills) and we can go to Billy Bob's and do the two-step.

See, we can work it out.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Always a bright side gal I see!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Quote:

See, we can work it out.
Love it!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 PM

You're awesome, Ketabcha!

Quote:

See, we can work it out.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:58 AM

It's 41 here and raining on and off. I have a few windows open and the crock pot on with a good size roast for tonight and should have enough left overs for beef stew for a few nights. I am cozy in my chair catching up on my shows with a dog in my lap covered by a blanket. Don't think I will even check the mail today. Tomorrow I am dragging hubby to the grocery store to get Thanksgiving dinner stuff. I actually love the crowds but if we go early enough it wont be bad. I just hate digging thru the case looking for the right size turkey. They suckers are cold!! Just kills my poor hands.

I love it when it turns colder for the holidays. Brings back so many memories. Makes me miss my mom and sister so much.

Wonder how GloryB is doing? Well I hope.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:51 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I hope GloryB is doing well, too. I really miss her. I hope she is healthy and happy. A light went out in the force when she left.

It dropped to freezing overnight here and it is extremely cold. It is also raining. I never thought I would say this but I wish it wasn't. The state has been in a drought for so long and we need the rain but I wish it was a clear day. The Dealey Plaza ceremony is continuing but the weather is miserable. This may be a message from above in more than one way. Man, I am so sad remembering 50 years ago today when I was 16 and in the high school cafeteria 180 miles west of Dallas when the announcement came that JFK had been killed.

I loved that man. I loved everything he stood for and, to be honest, I was so tickled that a Catholic had been elected POTUS. He was so young and his Camelot years were full of promise. His family was young and beautiful. There was so much to look forward to. Something precious in most of us was lost that day.

Bob, boyo, I am holding you close in my heart today. I know you are going to feel much better very soon.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I hope GloryB is doing well, too. I really miss her. I hope she is healthy and happy. A light went out in the force when she left.

It dropped to freezing overnight here and it is extremely cold. It is also raining. I never thought I would say this but I wish it wasn't. The state has been in a drought for so long and we need the rain but I wish it was a clear day. The Dealey Plaza ceremony is continuing but the weather is miserable. This may be a message from above in more than one way. Man, I am so sad remembering 50 years ago today when I was 16 and in the high school cafeteria 180 miles west of Dallas when the announcement came that JFK had been killed.

I loved that man. I loved everything he stood for and, to be honest, I was so tickled that a Catholic had been elected POTUS. He was so young and his Camelot years were full of promise. His family was young and beautiful. There was so much to look forward to. Something precious in most of us was lost that day.

Bob, boyo, I am holding you close in my heart today. I know you are going to feel much better very soon.

We had a freeze hit us last weekend when we were gone and I lost all my plants. My beautiful huge Esperanzas are no more for this year. So sad. But they will be back bigger and better next year.

I was nine 50 years ago today. We were stationed in England at the time and all I really remember was how my parents felt, but the sadness that fell every where was devastating.

Stay strong Mr. Bob!! Relief is on it's way. I wish they could do something about the tingling in my hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff