Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

TFW, you're welcome and thanks for the rep and note. Instacart is a great option if you need groceries but just can't get out. A neighbor used the service post-op when she ran out of food and said they even texted her to see if she wanted a replacement on an item the store was out of. In some areas they even give you a choice of which grocery store you want the shopper to shop at. Not bad in a pinch!

Old 01-17-2018, 07:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Thanks so much for the info, Ketabcha. I'll get some of those Mountain House freeze-dried foods.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow so we're apparently in for six more weeks of winter.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
I know (well, assume you don't take this seriously. They have all the lights on the rodent, of course it will see a shadow, LOL - and this is just the beginning of Feb. which is still winter

No good freebies lately - seems like the companies don't even care, coupons in the paper stink, what there are of them. I miss the old days of good shopping, coupons, freebies/samples, etc. I used to enjoy trying something before buying, and I would buy it if I liked it but anymore it's tough to check out anything beforehand - I am not willing to spend money on something that may or may not be something worth buying but the companies don't seem to care. Sad

Old 02-02-2018, 06:27 PM

No, I dont take it seriuosly, Flamingo. I dont even follow up to see if the predictions come true. I just think it's interesting.

I'm like you in that, if I liked a sample, I'd buy that product. There are so many products that I wouldnt ever have tried had I not received a sample first. I think many companies may be cutting back on freebie samples, not realizing that they may be reducing their future sales by doing so. Of course, my zip code isnt a wealthy one so I often didnt receive samples/freebies for which I applied anyway. But it was fun when I did.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:49 PM

I know it's not freebie related (sadly, nothing for quite a while) - I am broken-hearted over yesterday (and I don't have kids so I can't imagine how awful that must be for parents) - and it is making me CRAZY that people are still posting about how much they want their guns...... (I don't mean to get political)

Bottom line: hoping we are all doing well, hanging in there. I'm jealous of my mom's grocery store (Kroger) they give all kinds of free food things, wish mine did even though they are supposedly related (Harris Teeter) - I miss the old days of good samples, rebates, etc.

Anyway - let me know how you all are doing! (hanging in here myself

Old 02-16-2018, 03:39 AM

Hi, Flamingo. Sometimes the news is depressing. All we can do is either accept it as it is or try to do something to change it. I do pray for the parents and other family members who are grieving right now.

I've gotten away from requesting many freebies temporarily. Part of that is because I still miss Bob so much. I hope I can start oredering freebies again because it was always so much fun to get something in the mail. Of course, I still get @ 50 freebie magazines each month (meaning I get @ 1-2 per day) and each one makes me think of Bob again -- and I always thank him for having posted about them.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM

I had to take Lulu to the vet today. She’s been trembling a lot, whining even more and wanting to lie down in the backyard bushes for 10-12 hours and not come in, as well as going through other behavioral changes. I thought maybe her previous bladder infection had come back.

The vet took a urine sample and did more bloodwork. But then he listened to her heart. Vets usually just put the stethoscope on the heart area for 5-6 seconds – but, when he kept it there for almost a full minute, I knew the news was not going to be good.

Lulu has @ a Grade 3 heart murmur that is on its way to being Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Dobermans are very prone to DCM. My favorite male Doberman had it and, of course, Queenie had it. This is Queenie’s situation all over again: first comes the heart murmur, which gets worse steadily, and then comes the DCM.

The vet wanted to refer me to a cardiologist. When the previous vet found Queenie’s heart murmur, he just treated the symptoms. And that’s what I told this vet I wanted to do: just treat the symptoms and see what happens. So she’s on 2 of the same heart meds that Queenie was on, plus another round of antibiotics for the potential bladder infection.

Lulu is my very last Doberman, even my very last dog. I cant go through this emotional pain again.

I wish I had a large margarita right now.

I'm attaching a photo of Lulu taken a couple of months ago. Her tongue hangs out whenever she's resting. I just love that little tongue.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-lulus-tongue-12-2017.jpg  

Old 02-21-2018, 07:25 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I am so sorry to hear this about Lulu, TFW.

There is a 1955 movie titled "The Night of the Hunter" which stars Robert Mitchum as a psycho. He plays the part very well. The movie still scares me. I have the DVD.

Mitchum is chasing two young children along a river after their father (Mitchum's cellmate in prison) and their mother has been murdered by Mitchum.

The kids end up with a wonderful and kind woman played by Lillian Gish. She rescues them. Her house is filled with orphans who need love and care. She takes in the kids without a second thought.

You are that woman, TFW. You take in and love grown pups. You've spent so many years making life wonderful for your dogs. You give so much of your time and love. In my mind, TFW, you will always be Lillian Gish.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear TFW - it's so hard to lose our "kids" - I know you'll give her the best possible life she can have in her time left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff