Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 07:46 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I just read that the Central US area is supposed to get a lot of rain tonight and tomorrow. Ketabcha's area is predicted to get lot more rain than my area.

So, Ketabcha, please check on with up tomorrow and let us know that you're ok.

I'm fine, TFW. There is a lot of high water in this area. The rain has let up for now but more is coming this way on Tuesday. My patio is under water but that is no big deal.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I'm glad, Ketabcha. My city had heavy storms and wind but it was short-lived in my area.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:16 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I don't know about the rest of you but getting the free stuff is just not as fun with bob being gone .....

Old 03-04-2018, 02:59 PM

I understand, phonelady, and I somewhat agree. I miss Bob so much and I feel so bad because I never got to say goodbye to him and tell him how much I cared for him. I'm hoping that, in time, I'll feel more like applying for freebies without it hurting so much.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:55 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm still in shock and denial about Bob's dying -- but I want to ask all of you to make sure that your family knows how to notify us if something happens to you. Please write down your C-D login information and ask that someone go to the Deals forum and tell us what's going on.

It hurts almost as much to know that Bob was dead for 3 weeks before we found his obituary. Had we not found the obit, we might never have known what happened to him. It would have been just like when GloryB dropped out of sight after being so active here -- we never did know what happened to her.

Thanks so much.

I am so saddened by the news of our dear Bob's death. I apologize for not posting more and keeping up with whats been going on.

For anyone that has missed me, I fell in November and shattered my right arm. While camping of all things and right before happy hour!! It's been a long road to recovery and have a ways to go still.

I will forever mourn the loss of Bob. He was a good friend to me.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:09 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Oh no - sorry to hear about your arm! (hopefully, you could pick up your cocktail w/your other arm - hope you heal quickly!

I do agree that we will all miss Bob

As to freebies, I don't even know how to find them for the most part (some of my mags. expire soon) - on the news front here: we had horrific winds, had no power for a bit (28 hrs. (Fri. into Sat. afternoon) and it made me crazy as I don't have a smartphone, etc. so NO internet, no news, no sound, Nothing! - I had gotten a "windup" emergency phone but it stinks, worked for a few mins. after winding forever - the house got down to 47 - fortunately, I actually can deal w/cold better than some (not saying I LIKE it) - but even that was cold for me - I was wearing a coat and mittens in addition to my sweats, heavier knee socks (and a friend told me put boots on, which I did - slippers just weren't cutting it). I have some roof damage and am trying to deal with that w/o breaking the bank (like I have a bank). Anyway, I know some had it worse, people were killed

Old 03-04-2018, 07:30 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Oh no, Camper. I've been thinking of calling you for the last couple of months but I did not follow through. I hope it is not hurting so much now.

Take good care and heal.

p.s. Now that we are in our 30s we have to be more cautious when moving about.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 PM

O, Camper, I'm so sorry about your arm. I figured you were just living the good life camping and didnt have time to drop in here. I wish you'd had your hubby or daughter post here to let us know what was going on.

Flamingo, I'm so sorry about your losing power. My sister, who lives close to you, said that some of the shutters on her house blew off because the wind was so strong. As for freebie magazines, I've been googling the magazine name and the words "freebie" or "discount". That's been working fairly well for me. I think Bob would smile, knowing that we're trying to go on while missing him so much.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:51 PM

Looks like MPowering! is the only one posting freebies now.

I did it for a while, when Bob was first doing it, and know how much work it is. There are sites that list freebies every day but the hard work is in copying them and posting them here (and, of course, listening to some people gripe when a freebie doesnt arrive).

I've made some good friends here and hope this forum will continue.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:29 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I do as well, but I don't come across any (I honestly don't think there are that many out there anymore, sadly - I honestly don't know how to weed out the legitimate sites from the ones that are fake (remember those bath things? went on for yrs., never sent...) and are just looking for email addresses. I seldom (if every) got any of the tea bags either (and I'm a tea drinker). Magazines were the only ones I found to come through (other than a teeny sample of a skin care or something).

Since this is the chat thread as well - I have a roofing company that is going to try to come out on Friday (they are dealing w/the more serious emergencies first) - I tried a couple handyman type places but they either don't do roofs at all, rule out mine because it's so steep (Cape Cod), don't have shingles to replace, etc. - just hoping that the roofing company will be willing to whack off that portion of the tree that's overhanging and I don't also have to have a tree company. I don't know for sure (but hoping) that the news story was correct that since this storm is considered catastrophic it won't raise your rates. I was scared to even call my ins. co. to ask but I did today - she hedged about rates but said let her know how it goes Fri. and see how much - depending on how much over (hope not) deductible, if I also need a tree company, time, etc. - to let her know.

We were in a drought for quite a long time but now, of course, they are calling for crap weather the next couple days as well as next week.......... Always something

I too hope we will all continue to catch up with each other!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff