Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 09:45 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,989,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm here. I just havent recovered at all from my sister's death. I've been taking a break from the computer and trying to focus on some issues that invlved her. I'll be back in a while. Thanks to those who have sent me messages. I'll answer those in a while too. Love you all!!
It all just takes time. Come back when you are ready. Lord knows I take long breaks.
And remember we are here for you if you need to talk. <3

Old 06-27-2019, 09:49 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,310,567 times
Quote:
I'm here. I just havent recovered at all from my sister's death. I've been taking a break from the computer and trying to focus on some issues that invlved her. I'll be back in a while. Thanks to those who have sent me messages. I'll answer those in a while too. Love you all!!

You've suffered a huge loss, TFW. Thank you for checking in. I have misplaced your phone number. It's here somewhere but I can't locate it just now. You don't need phone calls right now anyway.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sis.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

I'm pretty sure I have walked the skin right off my poor feet. We've been looking for new carpet and furniture. I think we've hit every store in town.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:49 AM

Just wanted to check in and say howdy.

We have finally purchased all the furniture and carpet to replace what got damaged in the fire back in December. Now just waiting on delivery and installation dates. Finished filling the paperwork with insurance and should recover most of what we've spent. It's all been a bit of a nightmare and inconvenience, but we are still so grateful the damage was minimal and no one was hurt.

Again I want to say thank you for anyone, past and present, that have posted on here for all of us. This has been a great place to come and meet others that share common interest. We have become a family and it hurts to see it dieing like it is.

I will keep checking in as long as the thread stays open. There is always hope.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,414,293 times
Hi, everyone. Sorry I’ve been MIA but I’m still somewhat in mourning for my sister and haven’t been online except to pay bills and do the online shopping I have to do.

It may seem strange that I’d be so sad about my sister’s dying. After all, she was 10 months younger than I and I’m 73, so it’s not as though we were spring chickens. There’s a 3rd sister who’s 9 years younger than I. 4-5 years ago she was diagnosed with a muscle-wasting disease -- it wont kill her but her muscles (especially the arms and legs) arent working well and she’s in a wheelchair already. If she tries to stand or, God forbid, walk even a few steps, she falls. In the past 5-6 months she’s fallen (while transferring from the wheelchair into a car, etc) and has broken both hands and one foot. Her disease has recently been discovered to be associated with amloids (misspelling is deliberate), the same cause of my deceased sister’s cancer/disease. And my mother’s dementia/Alzheimer’s was caused by amloids.

I’m not concerned about having a similar disease, really I’m not. I’m pretty much a fatalist. But this is a lot for me to absorb and I just haven’t wanted to be online much because, if I do get online, I start googling amloids to see if I can figure out why my mother and two sisters were all affected by them.

I love you guys and I will be back. I just don’t know exactly when.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Hi, everyone. Sorry I’ve been MIA but I’m still somewhat in mourning for my sister and haven’t been online except to pay bills and do the online shopping I have to do.

It may seem strange that I’d be so sad about my sister’s dying. After all, she was 10 months younger than I and I’m 73, so it’s not as though we were spring chickens. There’s a 3rd sister who’s 9 years younger than I. 4-5 years ago she was diagnosed with a muscle-wasting disease -- it wont kill her but her muscles (especially the arms and legs) arent working well and she’s in a wheelchair already. If she tries to stand or, God forbid, walk even a few steps, she falls. In the past 5-6 months she’s fallen (while transferring from the wheelchair into a car, etc) and has broken both hands and one foot. Her disease has recently been discovered to be associated with amloids (misspelling is deliberate), the same cause of my deceased sister’s cancer/disease. And my mother’s dementia/Alzheimer’s was caused by amloids.

I’m not concerned about having a similar disease, really I’m not. I’m pretty much a fatalist. But this is a lot for me to absorb and I just haven’t wanted to be online much because, if I do get online, I start googling amloids to see if I can figure out why my mother and two sisters were all affected by them.

I love you guys and I will be back. I just don’t know exactly when.
Hi!!! I'm so glad you checked in. If you need to talk and don't want to get online email me. I'm here....

Old 08-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Marco.....

After spending the last 6 months working on repairing the damage from our small fire, hubby and I took our first river trip this year, and OMG!!!! It was awesome. Yes there were beverages and great food. Hubby and I really recharged and now it's back to my favorite life of doing nothing but sitting in my new room and bird watching.

Hope everyone is well. We are about to dry up here. Next weeks forecast is all 100 + temps. Back to the Frio I go!!!!

Old 08-12-2019, 01:48 PM

15,141 posts, read 27,756,930 times
Polo

Old 08-14-2019, 08:54 AM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Polo
LOl!!!

How's it going on your end? I am soooooo sick of these hot days here!!! I have one more trip to the Frio river planned then I'm doing the old Indian dance for cooler days and campfires!

Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM

15,141 posts, read 27,756,930 times
Sick of the heat here as well. Last weekend though was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Not too hot, no humidity... BUT.. all good things come to an end I hope your dance will work up this way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.