U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 06:40 AM

2,180 posts, read 1,934,954 times

Advertisements

I got samples of some Olay products--- used the eye gel and it's REALLY good. I just looked it up online and it is pretty pricey but it seems like it might even be worth it.
In the mailer were 2 more samples I haven't tried yet- one is a moisturizer and one is a cleanser.
Surprised at how impressed I am with this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 12:14 PM

14,863 posts, read 19,090,502 times
Thanks for the info, Mayvenne. I love it when I get a freebie that works and is something that I'll use and buy in the future.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:40 PM

10,972 posts, read 19,475,539 times
Thanks for the review - I haven't gotten any freebies in ages (other than magazines)

Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Thanks for the review - I haven't gotten any freebies in ages (other than magazines)

I havent either, Flamingo, but it's because I havent sent off for many freebies lately. And also because the mail is slow this time of year and freebies are usually slow to be mailed out.

The magazines are the best freebies of all (in my opinion). I pass all my magazines on to my neighbor and she's always amazed at how many I get. I've stopped counting them but I think she said I'm getting more than 60 free magazines each month. And they're all "good" magazines too: Better Homes & Gardens (that subscription has 18 more years to go), Family Circle, Family Handyman, People, Good Housekeeping, Reader's Digest, Redbook, Popular Mechanics, Woman's Day, This Old House, Weight Watchers, Pain-Free Living, Diabetes Self-Management, Arthritis Today, Discover, Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, Popular Science, Oprah, Sports Illustrated, Texas Monthly and many, many more. I get at least 2-3 magazines every day and I always smile and thank Bob each time.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 PM

11,904 posts, read 12,617,410 times
Speaking of magazines...did I tell you guys I had to cancel my credit card because all of a sudden Better Homes and Gardens started debiting my account for $10.00?!!! I called them after the first month and they sent me a refund for $8.00 ( which I forgot to cash) with the explanation thats what they charge ( ????) I thought all was well until they did it again. I called the credit union and they advise me to cancel the card and turn it over to fraud.

I swear I never gave them my card information or asked for a paid subscription. Also I haven't received a magazine in years.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM

700 posts, read 168,696 times
Everyone seems to do better than me. All I get are free calendars, free address labels, Buddha prayer Flags, and a dreamcatcher. They all came with letters asking me to send them money.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 12,617,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Everyone seems to do better than me. All I get are free calendars, free address labels, Buddha prayer Flags, and a dreamcatcher. They all came with letters asking me to send them money.
Calendars!!!! OMG, I forgot all about the calendars!! Oh well, next year.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:48 PM

Today I got the free booklet "Diabetes and Your Feet". This was a great freebie. It's a large book, 24 pages, and filled with all kinds of good information. I ordered it for my next-door neighbor, as he's diabetic and has complained about his feet. Thanks again!

Old 01-05-2019, 05:42 PM

15,733 posts, read 14,903,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Today I got the free booklet "Diabetes and Your Feet". This was a great freebie. It's a large book, 24 pages, and filled with all kinds of good information. I ordered it for my next-door neighbor, as he's diabetic and has complained about his feet. Thanks again!

It's great that you did that for him, TFW. Circulation is a real problem for diabetics and the feet can easily swell with edema.

I was diagnosed with Type II in 2009. According to my mother there had never been any diabetes on either side of the family. Case closed until my father told me that his maternal grandmother had to have a leg amputated due to diabetes. I mentioned it to my mother and her reaction was to get mad at my dad for not having told her about it. AHAHAHAHA!

I have to be on my guard about carbs. I love carbs. I love bread and potatoes. I have not had to test my blood myself for years now. But my doc has it tested every six months. No problems at all. Knock on wood. I take my meds and don't eat the crust on bread.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 AM

I'm a Type II diabetic too, Ketabcha. No one in my family has it. (A first cousin is blind from Type I diabetes but everyone on that side of the family has serious health issues.)

I'm fortunate in that my circulation, even in my feet, is excellent. Like you, I love carbs, especially potatoes and rice. I take my meds faithfully and am working on trying to get off the meds this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff