Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Any hard core coupon clippers?

If so what places do you shop at or are you really hard core and go to them all?

Biggest savings in one trip?

Are you handy capped by not having many stores around you?

If you didn't have to go to the grocery store anymore and had someone shop for you and save you money what percentage would be worth it to you for you to let someone else do it? Sort of like grocery delivery but you can save money over that and still you wouldn't have to do anything but make a list and submit it?

Do you have stock piles you (when it starts overflowing) sell on ebay or similar site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:19 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
This post comes across as someone trolling for a business? I am a coupon clipper - I watch sales and use coupons accordingly. NO - I would NOT pay someone else.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 PM

LOL......in a way yes.

In a way I was looking for folks who shop like I do.

I have tried and tried and tried to tell people how to shop and achieve items freely or very close.......they act like they are to good and don't need it.

I was looking for people who were interested in saving money with the economy like it is....wanna hear the items you can save on?

Look at my previous post and threads I have started....if I can help someone for free I would do so.....the people that don't care one way or another blow my advice off....I guess they have money to blow.

What if I said when I leave the store everyone in the store ask how that can be done? I'm not your average Joe. And no if you have any sort of orginzational skills it does not take up your free time more so than posting on this website......don't trust me...today alone was worth $169.00 for $20.00

Tomorrow CVS throws their deals up.

Still not interested I can't help you then. the post was another self help thread....not a give me your money thread. I see a market for folks who don't want ro be bothered with shopping but could still be sbjected to larger savings....

Am I wrong for wanting to help people?

HVAC/R help isn't freely given out......I went to school for it and feel it's the public's right to understand their cooling/heating system. Still didn't mind helping folks out there for free.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Is it a pride thing?

Let me rephrase my title then......You pay me nothing.....you loose nothing but the time it takes to read my post.

Dag it seems with all the rsponses I have gotten back the economy is flourishing.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:43 PM

Fine:

If you clip Coupons you know what smart source, red plum and proctor and gamble.

Only one item since no one seems to be interested we will see how this goes.

I know I know why would anyone knowingly help others out for free....

Todays paper 7/13 has a smart source packet in it.

In that paper you can clip out a coupon for:

Suave shampoo and conditioner 15 oz. reg price. $1.19 @ Harris Teeter. Some HT's have them on sale around here for 5/$5.00 and some for $.89/1

So let's do the math.

reg. $1.19.....at minimum 5/$5.00 making all 5 $1.00 correct?

If you pull the coupon from the smart source out of this Sundays paper which is for $.50 and take it to the cashier with your HT vic card HT doubles coupons under $1.00......

The $.50 coupon is now worth $1.00.....how much were those shampoos or conditioners that were 5/$5.00?....right $1.00.....they give the item to you for free....no gimmicks....no crap....no lies.

This is not the only item available And it's like this every week.

I know I know....why would anyone help out the rest of America for free?

Edit:
By the way if the sale is $.89/1

You do the math....$1.00 coupon.....for an $.89 item. And yes they do. However don't expec them to pay you when you check out. You must owe at least something.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 07-13-2008 at 09:08 PM..

Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I've double couponed for so many years It really hurts when I have to pay regular price.
Having lots of money isn't the only reason people aren't interested.
I have had stay-at-home tenants on social services and food stamps that I tried to help by showing them how they could buy so much more and in every case got the "I don't have time to do that" response.

Checking online will show you there are many sites devoted to coupon clippers so it's certainly not rare.
Many years ago I did shop for a couple of working couples that hated grocery shopping and bought at a small, expensive local store on the way home from work.
They saved money and all I "charged" was the rebate on the coupons.

If all you are doing here is trying to spread the word you may either find no interest or may just be preaching to the choir.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:05 AM

I think your right.

Spending anything over $10 at the store and coming out with less than $50 worth of items.....I'd be beating myself up over it. It's usually more like $5 for closer to $60 worth of items.

Oh well I tried.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:19 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
I'm already part of the club BigJohn.
I let everyone else pay the rising costs while I clip coupons happily at home.

We are in the same area so I am sure we shop at the same places. I don't have space for even one more bottle of shampoo (due to occassional CVS shopping) so ours will be donated.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I'm already part of the club BigJohn.
I let everyone else pay the rising costs while I clip coupons happily at home.

We are in the same area so I am sure we shop at the same places. I don't have space for even one more bottle of shampoo (due to occassional CVS shopping) so ours will be donated.
Exactly....the hidden benefits. ....ahh now I feel better.

I don't know if you saw but electrosol is crazy priced..... $.75 for $5.00 boxes.....not the absolute best deal but dish washing soap hardly ever goes on sale.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Exactly....the hidden benefits. ....ahh now I feel better.

I don't know if you saw but electrosol is crazy priced..... $.75 for $5.00 boxes.....not the absolute best deal but dish washing soap hardly ever goes on sale.
I haven't even looked at the ads this week yet. Work is crazy, in and out of town on vacations etc. I am hoping to get out shopping in the next few days though, before we head out of town again.

However, I can afford to miss a few weeks of deals if need be. I still have 9 boxes of electrosol tabs from the last time the $2.25 coupon was out and HT had them BOGOF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff