Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 05:38 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

To help make your choice, you can read the first chapt of each book online. Only one book will be mailed to your physical address.

Read it Forward | July 09

SOMETHING MISSING
by Matthew D i c ks

He'll steal your toothbrush...then he'll steal your heart.

Meet Martin Railsback, a gentle thief burdened with OCD tendencies, who becomes a guardian angel to the unwilling victims of his pilfering. This delightful story is perfect for readers of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and fans of the TV show Monk.

"This is a splendid novel, written with loving attention to character and detail." —Booklist, starred review

"D i c ks combines the neurotic atmosphere of a Woody Allen film with the light touch of Lawrence Block's Bernie Rhodenbarr novels...A very funny adventure about the mechanics of burglary and the fragility of an orderly life."—Kirkus Reviews

THE CRYING TREE
by Naseem Rakha

A mother's extraordinary act of forgiveness nearly tears her family apart, in a powerful debut novel that's perfect for readers of Jodi Picoult and Elizabeth Berg. Powerful, shocking and raw, this first novel about the murder of a child and its aftermath is getting rave reviews from early readers.

"This complex, layered story of a family's journey toward justice and forgiveness comes together through spellbinding storytelling."—Publishers Weekly

"Both tragic and redemptive, The Crying Tree might just be this year's Lovely Bones."—Brian Sweaney, Recorded Books

"Gifted storyteller Naseem Rakha has crafted a beautiful and passionate novel that never becomes maudlin or unbelievable...Highly recommended."—Library Journal

"For anyone who has ever wondered how forgiveness is possible, even when the pain is overwhelming, wonder no more. The Crying Tree takes you on a journey you won't soon forget."—Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking

WHERE THE RIVER ENDSby Charles Martin

Warning: This book could break your heart.

An ordinary man is about to give the love of his life the most extraordinary gift anyone can give: The chance to live—and die—on her own terms. Set against the beauty of Charleston and the unpredictable waters of the St. Mary's River, Charles Martin's remarkable new novel shows us a love that is as deep and eternal as the river itself.

Last edited by Beretta; 12-26-2009 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 03:25 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
Default Three FREE Books From Crown/Random House Publishing

Books are: Breaking Out of Bedlam, Prima Donna, and True Confections.

Read It Forward « Crown Publishing - Read It Forward

Old 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Thanks SCG. Reading is my favorite thing to do!

Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Thanks, Suncoast Love to read

Old 12-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Default Free 'True Confections' by Katharine Weber - Random House

True Confections by Katharine Weber

Read It Forward Galley Giveaways

Old 12-25-2009, 05:30 PM

Default Free 'Prima Donna' by Megan Chance - Random House

Prima Donna by Megan Chance

Read It Forward Galley Giveaways

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Has anyone ever gotten free books? I'm still waiting for some I ordered, I think, last month, and was just wondering if they do send them.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Has anyone ever gotten free books? I'm still waiting for some I ordered, I think, last month, and was just wondering if they do send them.
I've ordered a few, Jess5, and I've never received any of them. I keep trying, though.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:13 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
I've never gotten any of the 'self-published' books I've ordered as freebies.

But this offer is from Randomhouse, so I have hope!

(Good morning <g>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff