Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's me....but I think we all get to the point where we just need some peace and quiet in our home. Between the TV's on, music playing, phone ringing, the 2 year old running all around spreading toys EVERYWHERE....truthfully....all the commotion just wears me out.

My daughter isn't the tidy type....I'm a neat freak....so you can only imagine.
It's time for her to get a place of her own to mess up.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I understand, Glory. I love my daughters and their family so much but I really love living alone. I like having things exactly the same way when I come home or wake up as they were when I left or went to sleep. I like not having to yield on my decorating taste. I like doing grocery shopping for one...if my budget is stretched that week, I like not having to worry about feeding anyone other than myself.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I understand, Glory. I love my daughters and their family so much but I really love living alone. I like having things exactly the same way when I come home or wake up as they were when I left or went to sleep. I like not having to yield on my decorating taste. I like doing grocery shopping for one...if my budget is stretched that week, I like not having to worry about feeding anyone other than myself.
I feel the same way. It's wonderful just to have me in the house.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I live for free beer.....wanna trade?
Wait...that could look creepy.

Did his teeth fall in the glass?

How is everybody doing?

My girl and I flew to Ft. Collins last week to check out CSU and to see a few houses in the area........what a pretty area...so many houses are on lakes...and the campus is very nice, too...everybody is friendly...a guy walking his dog waved to our car and we didn't know him....my girl was kinda shocked at his friendliness..... I even saw ice fishermen for the first time in my life.....of course I immediately thought of cracking ice and falling in and not being able to find an airhole before freezing to death...I've seen one too many movies, I think.....

We've had a terrible week here in sunny, southern California.....we lost a tree to wind, many inches of rain in a short time, the back yard and pool have flooded and overflowed on numerous occasions, a large section of a type of ivy, (that took eons to grow), blew off a wall and had to be chopped off before more damage could happen and I've been out there with my little pump getting water out....for awhile, drains were clogged and 3 inches of water was trying to come into the house.....the grass area is a mud pit.... .... It truly almost never rains here, but when it does, we get a lot in a very short time...today we even had hail at the house....and now we are watching the burn areas and hope there are no major slides...over 1,000 houses were evacuated....

Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Here in So IL the weather is the pitts. Everyday fog-cloudy-rain. I don't even know the last time we had sun! This weekend more of the same with maybe light snow on Monday!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Did his teeth fall in the glass?

How is everybody doing?

My girl and I flew to Ft. Collins last week to check out CSU and to see a few houses in the area........what a pretty area...so many houses are on lakes...and the campus is very nice, too...everybody is friendly...a guy walking his dog waved to our car and we didn't know him....my girl was kinda shocked at his friendliness..... I even saw ice fishermen for the first time in my life.....of course I immediately thought of cracking ice and falling in and not being able to find an airhole before freezing to death...I've seen one too many movies, I think.....

We've had a terrible week here in sunny, southern California.....we lost a tree to wind, many inches of rain in a short time, the back yard and pool have flooded and overflowed on numerous occasions, a large section of a type of ivy, (that took eons to grow), blew off a wall and had to be chopped off before more damage could happen and I've been out there with my little pump getting water out....for awhile, drains were clogged and 3 inches of water was trying to come into the house.....the grass area is a mud pit.... .... It truly almost never rains here, but when it does, we get a lot in a very short time...today we even had hail at the house....and now we are watching the burn areas and hope there are no major slides...over 1,000 houses were evacuated....
I'm now hearing the song in my head :

Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours

I wonder if there is anywhere in the USA where some sort of catastrophe doesn't seem to hit from time to time??

You guys take care of yourselves!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Forgot to say I won't be here tomorrow during the day. If you didn't read the 'what I got in the mail today' thread....
then I'll repeat by saying I'm going to Sea World tomorrow with my grandson. For only a little over $70 I got the annual Florida resident discount pass. I figured I would at least use it a few times this year.

I plan to wear the little fellow out so he'll go to sleep easily for Nanny (that's me) tomorrow night while his mom goes out with some friends. I can't wait to see his face when he sees all the cool stuff there. He's now 2 1/2 and so much fun to take places.

It is amazing how much you can enjoy and love a grandchild knowing you won't be the one having to put up with them when they get into their teen years.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
It is amazing how much you can enjoy and love a grandchild knowing you won't be the one having to put up with them when they get into their teen years.

Agreed! Have fun!!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Here in So IL the weather is the pitts. Everyday fog-cloudy-rain. I don't even know the last time we had sun! This weekend more of the same with maybe light snow on Monday!
You don't like that weather? I love it. I'd trade with you in a heartbeat. Here in Oklahoma, we are already gearing up for summer, which I hate. You can't walk out to your car without dripping sweat! I don't know what the temp was, but, it was hot here in Central OK. today.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 AM

I can't complain about weather. Other than the few times it gets more cold than chilly.....Orlando winters are absolutely perfect. People are back in their pools today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff