Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 10:26 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I just went through that same thing. The dizziness can actually end up with you passing out. It isn't caused by the pain, it is caused by the area that swells up and presses against a nerve. Pressure against that nerve can cause dizziness and passing out.

Three weeks ago, I totally passed out in the bathroom while thinking I was only going to throw up. (Didn't mean to sound dramatic....but that is what happened!) It was the weekend the kids were gone. I woke up in the bathroom on the floor....it was an awful feeling. I also had a sore throat for a couple of weeks prior to that time....probably from all the acid.

Luckily, my dad had the same thing last year. He told me to take Prilosec, stay off of dairy products and watch what I ate for a couple of weeks. Eat smaller meals through out the day instead of a big meal at the regular time. Also, drinking a half glass of coke/pepsi after eating helps you to burp...which will relieve that tight feeling.

I'm doing much better.....but I sure do miss my dairy products!! The Prilosec is expensive, but the generic stuff seems to work just as well. You can also go directly to the Prilosec site to get free samples and coupons.

He'll be fine, but he will have to watch his diet and not getting too stressed out. If not taken care of, this can end up as a nasty ulcer.

Let me know how he is doing. He can also go see one of the nurse practitioners at WalGreens for $60. They will tell him pretty much the same thing I just posted. Tell him to try what I said a couple of weeks and he'll even see a big difference within a couple of days. It is REALLY painful right under the breastbone when it swells up.

-----------------
I looked around....I also found these free trial coupons for the expensive Prevacid 24 hour:
Save on Prevacid®24HR
Fainting is a pain......been there and done that only I hit the bathroom faucet right in the eye before I fell to the floor......had a shiner for weeks...probably around 1981 or so...was surprised I still had an eyeball left in my head....had no warning whatsoever....had no stress NOT....just worked full time, went to school full time, entertained clients, hadn't been married for too awfully long, took care of a house and had just learned that a guy who we knew died while watching a L.A. Raiders game....no stress at all...... I think I was bending over to wash my face and passed out.....they couldn't find anything wrong in the ER....feels like a lifetime ago...

Hope you are feeling better, GloryB......

Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Today would have been my Dad's 90th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

(Why yes, I was a Daddy's girl!)
Happy Birthday to your dad!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Doesn't count unless you have a dolphin in it....................

I was checking out all the green lines under our Freebie Gang names.....we are close to having a whole bunch of STAR PARTIES!!!

TWO MORE WEEKS.....and my daughter will be moving out with my grandson. I'll still keep him evenings and probably most weekends. She told me I had no idea how excited she was. I was thinking to myself....she has no idea how excited I AM! (Not sure if my son is still moving in with her. She isn't tidy enough for him either!)

I'm working tomorrow morning....but then have the weekend off. Anyone have plans????
The house will be more quiet......you'll miss her and the baby.....

Sunday is our 34th wedding anniversary......

Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Happy Anniversary, Wurzig!!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:59 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
The house will be more quiet......you'll miss her and the baby.....

Sunday is our 34th wedding anniversary......
Happy Anniversary!!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I'm always OK! I'm one of those weird people who could be dropped off in the middle of a desert and I would find a way out.
I refuse to go down with catastrophe.
Must be nice. I, on the other hand, am the person that breaks a toe walking just walking around the house ( actually done it twice!) . I AM the catastrophe...

Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WURZIG!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Oh....forgot to thank Jess for doing such a great job helping out on the Freebie Forum!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Guess what tomorrow is!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:19 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff