Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 04:55 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times

Advertisements

I got the little box of Kleenex and I have to say that when I saw it I was immediately taken back to when I was 5 years old.

For Christmas Santa brought me a store. It was a cardboard store frame where I could stand behind the cut out window and run the cash register that came with it. I still have that cash register. It's metal and works well. Some time through the years I lost the fake money.

The store also came with a metal shopping cart, child-size. AND, the really cool things were the products that could be picked up off the store shelves and put in the cart. They were empty boxes, of course, but the actual product boxes, again in child size. I remember SOS pads, Grapenuts, butter, bacon....all kinds of products and lots of them.

When I saw the little box of Kleenex today it reminded me of that wonderful gift Santa brought me over 55 years ago.

I'm still smiling.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,731 times
Visiting kids from last Thursday to Monday-had a great time-2 nights in Va Beach-great weather plus great seafood!

From last Thursday till today- received:
Nivea orange blossom body wash and skin cream
Sample Crest toothpaste with scope
Aveeno shampoo & conditioner
Post its
My favorite-Strivectin SD-can't wait to try it-nice size-.75 oz!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Dang, guess I missed the post-it freebies. Got a big bag of Johnsonville mini-summer sausage packets, 6 packets with probably 5 little pieces in each one! And some skin cream thing I haven't really checked out. And my son got the little kleenex package I sent with the message, and he got the breakfast bar thing from walmart.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:04 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I got the little box of Kleenex and I have to say that when I saw it I was immediately taken back to when I was 5 years old.

For Christmas Santa brought me a store. It was a cardboard store frame where I could stand behind the cut out window and run the cash register that came with it. I still have that cash register. It's metal and works well. Some time through the years I lost the fake money.

The store also came with a metal shopping cart, child-size. AND, the really cool things were the products that could be picked up off the store shelves and put in the cart. They were empty boxes, of course, but the actual product boxes, again in child size. I remember SOS pads, Grapenuts, butter, bacon....all kinds of products and lots of them.

When I saw the little box of Kleenex today it reminded me of that wonderful gift Santa brought me over 55 years ago.

I'm still smiling.
What a great story!! I have to admit the Kleenex box was so cute, I haven't used mine either. Thought it would be nice to set out at Christmas.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:05 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
I got the cute little box of tissues today too. Also redeemed the coupons for the Advil and the Cottonelle wipes. I love free stuff!!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:42 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,731 times
Nothing today

Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
I got another sample of the jergens lotion . I hope some samples come soon seems like they are slowing down .

Old 10-21-2010, 08:57 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Today all I got was a Meritage Green reusable grocery bag (very small).

Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I got the StriVectin SD for stretch marks and wrinkles. Wonder if it comes by the gallon?
Boy, that is expensive! I see it in Costco. Let us know if it works.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

I'm still smiling.
Your cash register is probably worth some bucks. They don't make stuff out of metal anymore. I have my little typewriter and also a Coke machine. I cherish them both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff