Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,936 times

Advertisements

I've lived in the Pike Creek / Newark area my whole life (I'm 23). I bought a condo in Newark about 6 months ago because I wanted something relatively cheap and in close proximity to my workplace.

I have since started my own Internet-based business, so as long as I have a connection it doesn't matter where I live.

I want to:
a) move somewhere with a less gross climate (no stickiness, less mosquitos)
b) move to a place with a slightly lower standard of living (so i can afford more house)
c) stay as close to Newark, DE as humanly possible. My idea of the perfect place for me is Vegas, but I can't envision myself being a plane ride away from friends and family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 11:32 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
I've lived in the Pike Creek / Newark area my whole life (I'm 23). I bought a condo in Newark about 6 months ago because I wanted something relatively cheap and in close proximity to my workplace.

I have since started my own Internet-based business, so as long as I have a connection it doesn't matter where I live.

I want to:
a) move somewhere with a less gross climate (no stickiness, less mosquitos)
b) move to a place with a slightly lower standard of living (so i can afford more house)
c) stay as close to Newark, DE as humanly possible. My idea of the perfect place for me is Vegas, but I can't envision myself being a plane ride away from friends and family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dont' think there are many places on the east coast where there isn't humidity.
the further north you move......may be less but still have some humid days.
And places like Maine have harsh winters although this winter in DE was on the harsh side.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:51 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
You know, I don't find the humidity here in northern DE all that bad, really. Less humid than DC. Actually less humid than Austin, TX which is a good 4 hours or more from the coast. A lot of North America gets continental humidity. It isn't that easy to escape. The least humid place I've ever lived was Grand Junction, CO -- when we moved there our cats' paw pads actually got chapped and we had to put lotion on them. Lubbock, TX is also pretty lacking in humidity. Then, there's the Reactionary State of Arizona... Be glad you're in Delaware. Humidity should be the least of your worries.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 PM

133 posts, read 376,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
You know, I don't find the humidity here in northern DE all that bad, really. Less humid than DC. Actually less humid than Austin, TX which is a good 4 hours or more from the coast. A lot of North America gets continental humidity. It isn't that easy to escape. The least humid place I've ever lived was Grand Junction, CO -- when we moved there our cats' paw pads actually got chapped and we had to put lotion on them. Lubbock, TX is also pretty lacking in humidity. Then, there's the Reactionary State of Arizona... Be glad you're in Delaware. Humidity should be the least of your worries.
I'm from Arizona and I'd have to agree with you about the humidity- there are worse things. Arizona is a very dry state... and the people are very unpleasant.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 AM

4 posts, read 5,816 times
Hey I am from India and whether is quite pleasant here.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 AM

445 posts, read 1,436,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandarigroup View Post
Hey I am from India and whether is quite pleasant here.
I love it!! It is all perspective.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM

388 posts, read 998,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
I love it!! It is all perspective.
You know, I sometimes question our eventual move to DE. I am a woman of "a certain age" that gets very hot frequently. Moving from PA to New England for the past 10 years didn't help the situation any - it's humid up here, too! So, here I am moving to DE??? I always joked with hubby that our next move should be to Iceland!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 AM

604 posts, read 2,011,198 times
Not with the Volcano ash!!

Humidity and heat make a - sometimes - unbearable combination but it is only 10% of the year at the most ... I look at the 90% remaining days and am content - not having to put up with that much snow - (except this last year - once in a generation kind of snow) is more appealing.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
PA is having big time humidity during this past week, along with 90's.
Even though we are full of beautiful mountains, the humid days of summer are here. I love it really.
And.......just think........in DE you can go sit in your chair by the sea.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Oh exactly summering..

That is one of my favs....sitting in a chair by the sea. Oh love love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware