Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,845 times

Advertisements

hey, I have a summer house between rehoboth and long neck and am moving there permanently this summer. We have always used dial up internet down there during the summer just because it was cheaper, but living down there all year I am going to need some kind of high speed internet, but I can't seem to find any online. Does anybody know of any DSL's or cable internets avilable in this area?? thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2006, 04:09 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Try Medicom. Their cable sucks but I had good service from their HS internet connection. Also check locally about WiFi. They were advertising it when I left the area.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:11 PM

15 posts, read 78,544 times
do you have cable ? or if want high speed why not try a satellite hookup i have heard that is fast or even DSL . Hope that helps .

Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 PM

14 posts, read 79,850 times
I have the Hughes satellite... I've had it for many years. We were in the first handful of people to get it way back when.

Frankly, it stinks. I don't find it to be any faster than my dial up in FL and it is very weather-dependant. Their regular tech support is horrible at best. I can't wait to be rid of it. I would already, but it's faster than using a dial up here because we have a restored farmhouse in the country and the they still use wire and tin cans out here.

Becky in DE/FL

Old 08-19-2006, 04:25 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
As I mentioned in a previous post I had very good internet service with Medicom when I was in DE, however, their cable service was terrible.
Here in NC I have Charter Cable Broadband which is the worst internet service I have ever had. At night it may take 4-5 minutes for a website to load, much slower than dial-up. Now you state how that satellite is also bad. Where is the FCC in all of this?
Don

Old 08-19-2006, 10:34 PM

14 posts, read 79,850 times
Sittin' on their thumbs, I'd wager. I can't wait until we can move down to FL in 3 weeks and I can get a cable modem. No more surfin' only when the sun is shining. It's excruciating, especially whe I am paying $60 per month for it, and another $20 for the dial up as a back up for when the sat is out. I have to have it for business purposes, but calling it a deduction doesn't make it sting any less.

Becky in DE/FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: