U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 10,861 times

Advertisements

My husband and I visited De last week 7-21 to 7-23-10 to look at some 55+communities. We would like to know if anyone has any information on Legacy at Heritage Shores, Bridgeville,De and its builder Ryan Homes. We visited a couple of years ago Prividence at Heritage Shores which then has 2 builders Brookfield homes and Laneer (not sure of the spelling). Now we see Ryan Homes is there in place of Laneer. We were very interested in one of Ryan Homes but are very nervous about the stability of this neihborhood. Please let us know if you have any info. Thanking you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 PM

4,127 posts, read 13,262,402 times
If you go to the 55+ thread in DE, I believe Legacy etc has been mentioned more than once. There's a search button on the right side (in blue) and you can put in the names of whatever community you're interested in and it'll bring them up. There's a lot of pages and good info so you may have to wade thru a while but it's worth checking out if you're really interested. What communities did you visit last week - ? Just curious.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 PM

6 posts, read 10,861 times
Default response to honeycrisp

I am not sure how to navigate on this site. I hope you get this response. We also looked at Champions Club in Magnolia. Do you have any you would like to recommend?

Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mema45 View Post
I am not sure how to navigate on this site. I hope you get this response. We also looked at Champions Club in Magnolia. Do you have any you would like to recommend?
Mema - Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the 55+ Community thread. There is a great deal of information available, including many member's experiences in searching out and finding 55+ communities in Delaware.

55+ Communities

Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM

We liked Champions Club very much, we also liked Roesville (which is nearby) a lot too. Unfortunately Roesville doesnt have a clubhouse and may not for a long time so many people lean to CC (there's also more homes already built). Everyone has their own tastes, wants and desires, to some a clubhouse isnt important, others like living in a rural area (Roesville) etc, everyone's different. We grew up near stores (not on top of us but in the vicinity) and kind of got used to the convenience and tend to want that as we get older. Anyway, we really focused on those 2 communities (as well as another state). At this point, I couldnt really recommend one over another but would go and see both for yourself and compare. Even if you visited CC, you'll notice things you may have missed the first time, we looked at both communities several times and I read a lot in the 55+ community thread.

Definitely check the 55+ thread. To single out Legacy Homes or Ryan etc, simply go to the Delaware forum (which you're in), then on the upper right hand corner in blue, it'll say Search This Thread and enter the word Legacy (or Ryan etc) and hit Go and it should bring up all the posts about them but it is a lot of reading. Have a tall glass of ice tea, ice water or soda handy and take your time, tons of good info!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 15,516 times
Smile 55+ Community

we too are also looking for a good community in Delaware...Can anyone give us updated info on Nobles Pond.?

Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 07:52 PM

Check out the thread Charley posted (see above) - here's something on Nobles Pond to get you started

Noble's Pond

- also, if you do a search (go to the general DE forum, click on Search in the dark blue, post 'Nobles' (w/o quotes) and then hit Go (or it might say Search Now) and it should bring up tons of posts on NP. Havent' been there so I dont have any personal info. Good luck and let us know how you like it (we all like updates and the sharing that goes on here and in other forums is invaluable).

Old 08-07-2010, 04:39 PM
EdB

24 posts, read 38,679 times
We almost picked Heritage Shores but then decided on Champions Club, which we are very happy with (our house is under construction). We felt the maintenance at Heritage Shores was very high for what you get (Clubhouse). I also did some research on Ryan and wasn't too happy with what I found. Finally, I just thought it wasn't very close area stores, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or