U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM

1,808 posts, read 2,323,305 times
Default Good Family restaurants in Rehoboth or Lewes Beach area

Looking for decent places to go for dinner with the kids while on our mini-vacay to Rehoboth Beach.....
We will do Grotto's Pizza one night or afternoon and all the other boardwalk fare, but we would like one ,decent ,kid-friendly sit down restaurant for one of the nights.....
Anyone been to the Big Fish Grille? is the seafood fresh?
Also-any suggestions on a good breakfast place on the boardwalk?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-01-2010, 02:32 PM

15,450 posts, read 7,033,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Looking for decent places to go for dinner with the kids while on our mini-vacay to Rehoboth Beach.....
We will do Grotto's Pizza one night or afternoon and all the other boardwalk fare, but we would like one ,decent ,kid-friendly sit down restaurant for one of the nights.....
Anyone been to the Big Fish Grille? is the seafood fresh?
Also-any suggestions on a good breakfast place on the boardwalk?

Thanks in advance!

I have to agree on Grotto's Pizza. Really good and a great place to take the kids.
My GD loved it.

Funny how there are so many great restaurants in Sussex and New Castle but not that many in the Kent area.

I do a lunch for our community and there are not that many in the area are to rave about. We pick a place once a month and lately it has been hum drum.
Same old same old.

When I got to visit my daughter in the Annaplois area,,,,,,,there are so many different restaurants.

The other week we went o JP's on the warf.....nothing to talk about except to say they were over priced.

Unread 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM

7 posts, read 7,838 times
Have you checked out Crabby Dick's? It's a lot of fun for the family and they have great seafood meals!

Unread 08-01-2010, 11:05 PM

3,305 posts, read 1,743,441 times
For a family the Road House on Rt1 and definately Bethany Blues. Bethany Blues is a little tricky the first time. Turn in the street before it just past Jiffy Lube.

Unread 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM

422 posts, read 770,932 times
Big Fish or Bethany Blues are both good choices.

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:38 AM
pvs

1,483 posts, read 1,341,802 times
We liked Dos Locos at Rehoboth Beach. I also second Bethany Blues ... what a fantastic place!

Unread 08-03-2010, 06:04 PM

41 posts, read 63,089 times
Nicola's pizza! The best for kids!

Unread 08-27-2010, 09:47 PM

7,940 posts, read 8,672,657 times
Grotto Pizza? Yuck. I always hear how people in Delaware rave about Grotto, and that leads me to one conclusion: pizza must be pretty lousy in DE. We also have Grotto in Northeast PA, since I think the owner is actually originally from the Wilkes-Barre area....and it is some of the crappiest pizza I've had....I think it might even be worse than Domino's.

Unread 08-27-2010, 11:45 PM

3,305 posts, read 1,743,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Grotto Pizza? Yuck. I always hear how people in Delaware rave about Grotto, and that leads me to one conclusion: pizza must be pretty lousy in DE. We also have Grotto in Northeast PA, since I think the owner is actually originally from the Wilkes-Barre area....and it is some of the crappiest pizza I've had....I think it might even be worse than Domino's.
You are right some of the time.Very often the grease will just run down your arm. Other times it has not been too bad. I wouldn't buy it. My son some times has it delivered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware