Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 AM

22 posts, read 60,399 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be moving to Delaware at the beginning of September and we'd like to start visiting daycares. I wanted to see if anyone can give recommendations. I was looking at Great New Beginnings (love the web cam idea) and TLC.

We should be living above the canal in the Belden development.

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 AM

377 posts, read 1,115,065 times
I have heard good things about Cornerstone on 896. I am not sure how old they have to be though. I know it is a preschool, I am not sure if it is a daycare too.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM

22 posts, read 60,399 times
Thanks Sandee! I'll check it out. My daughter is 2 so I'll have to look at the ages.....so much to do!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 PM

23 posts, read 48,476 times
I know this is coming a little late, but the Little Caboose on Old Baltimore Pike in Newark (19702) is the BEST daycare in NCC DE that you will come across. If you are still looking, look them up! I had my daughter there from 2y/o - 5y/o and am still sad to have to leave for kindergarten!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,592 times
my all time favorite is Children At Work

I love the idea of having lizzards in the room to watch and sometimes touch, the butterfly house, the dress up chest, the great playground and sandhill, where kids are allowed to get dirty and sandy (they try to get the kids outside even on snowy days), the uplifting colors inside and out and Mrs. Danny's kind, warm way with children and parents. you can tell she raised 5 children on her own and has 30 years of experience.
they also do great field trips in a school bus each week for no extra fee (rivers, state parks, horse riding, bowling, museum ....)
my daughter went there 2 days a week for 2 years and I wished we would have found this place earlier.
and, besides great offers and a very child friendly atmosphere, it's also affordable !

this may be too late for the OP - but maybe it's of help for others. O, and they offer a daycare, pre-school and kindergarten program.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
I went to Foulk Pre-School and Daycare from 1-6, and it was a pretty decent place. The meals were cooked fresh daily, they started you with the alphabet around age 3. I read extremely well by age 4. They did numbers, colors, sequencing, had great art programs, and had nice field trips.

I can't say they are huge complexes, but it did prepare me extremely well socially and academically by the time I entered 1st grade. I started out elementary school with straight A's through 3rd grade (private Catholic school.)

They used to have a location on Foulk Rd, and a location in Bellefonte. It was run by a family who chose teachers pretty carefully. I would take a look at the place.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,166 times
Don't go to little brilliant minds in Middletown, If your kid is two. have had bad experiences there my child is two and the teacher is not very nice. There is another teacher who is younger, she is very nice but she is with the kids who arrive early and then they have to go to a different room. :/

Last edited by Mary1984; 02-28-2013 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Grammar mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware