Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,983 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am relocating to Delaware for work in the next month or so, I am a 26 y/o single male and have lived in New York City all my life. My knowledge of Delaware is very limited but I am looking for a safe, clean, lively (as can be), young neighborhood that is within reasonable commuting distance to my new office (Willmington). I am by no means expecting the social scene of NYC but I don't want to live somewhere that is too quiet. Any help on neighborhoods would be awesome. Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 02:29 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,948,982 times
Trolley Square. Do browse the threads on this forum that essentially asked exactly the same question you have raised.

Trolley is within the City of Wilmington itself and is the premier cool neighborhood for 20-somethings and 30-somethings latter day YUPPIE types.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,983 times
Thanks Docjeff appreciate it, never considered myself a "YUPPIE" but hey if the shoe fits......

Old 08-19-2010, 05:34 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,948,982 times
Actually they aren't all yuppies -- some of them are slackers.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsulli2485 View Post
Hello all,
I am relocating to Delaware for work in the next month or so, I am a 26 y/o single male and have lived in New York City all my life. My knowledge of Delaware is very limited but I am looking for a safe, clean, lively (as can be), young neighborhood that is within reasonable commuting distance to my new office (Willmington). I am by no means expecting the social scene of NYC but I don't want to live somewhere that is too quiet. Any help on neighborhoods would be awesome. Thanks so much in advance!
Carcroft, Mayview (I think that's what it's called), Arden (if you don't mind all the hippies), the neighborhoods on Jacob/Welden street, basically anything around Mount Pleasant High School that isn't too close to Philadelphia Pike is quiet and near the downtown area. I'm only 16 so I only know so much.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 13,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Actually they aren't all yuppies -- some of them are slackers.
Yerp Delaware is FULL of Yuppies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware