Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:41 AM

21 posts, read 83,766 times

Advertisements

I just discovered this thread. I am hoping someoen can help we are wanting advice on Insight homes who we are working with and really do like their homes but we keep hearing mixed reviews. I have heard that they have many lawsuits and people suing them in a few communities. Their staff is friendly and not pushy and they seem to build a quality home. Please provide specifics not here say.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Also how do I send a message on here to one person? Seems like SKEDDY knows what he/she is talking about! I need people who really do know the builders and pros/cons! Help! We would like to buy something by the end of summer. 400 price range is okay and higher if better built house.

Thank you.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM

71 posts, read 205,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieveRay View Post
Also how do I send a message on here to one person? Seems like SKEDDY knows what he/she is talking about! I need people who really do know the builders and pros/cons! Help! We would like to buy something by the end of summer. 400 price range is okay and higher if better built house.

Thank you.
If you right click on their name, you can select 'send a direct message'

Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieveRay View Post

Thank you.
I don't think I can add anything more than anyone else. There are many more choices in the Rehoboth/Lewes area than in Bethany/OV area. I don't know about any specific builders other than Schell is the standard for a well built home.

I'd suggest you decide which of these areas is best for you as a first step.

New home a must or is a resale home an option?

Do you want to take care of your property or do you want an HOA to take care of it? A community pool?

What level of privacy are you comfortable with in regard to nearby homes?

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I hope you find something you like. As I said before, there are so many trade offs to this house buying business, it's certainly a challenge.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM

400K HOA yes, want quality home, prefer new home and we like the Lewes area so far. I dont know what the Bethany area is like. I am glad to find some advice on this website we would rather not work with an agent due to poor experiences in the past. I think we are going to look at Schell since that seems to be the only builder in Lewes with a good reputation.

Thank you!

Old 08-04-2014, 03:00 PM

Also we are coming from PA and are just learning about Delaware. are most of the shops and places to eat open year round here? We are worried about things being closed during the winter.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,661 times
Most (close to all) establishments are open year-round at the beach--don't worry, there will be plenty of places to shop and eat at even during the dead of winter. In fact, many of the restaurants offer discounts and specials during the off-season.....we can't wait for those!

Old 08-07-2014, 01:55 PM

Thank you beachliz you are very helpful! Can the same be said for the Bethany, Millville area?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:34 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,661 times
Yes, all establishments stay open in Ocean View and Millville year-round, although some may close earlier than they do during the summer. Bethany....it's hit or miss. Most places do close earlier there during the summer, but many stay open (except businesses right on the boardwalk) year-round and offer discounted meals. There are a few restaurants that may close a couple days during the week (usually Monday and Tuesday) during the "dead" months of January-March, but quite a few stay open seven days a week. There are some really good meal deals here during the off-season in some of the better restaurants.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:43 AM

Okay that is helpful! I have also heard that fewer of the homes in Bethany are actually occupied year round than in Milton and Lewes? Is this true? How could I get proof of that?

We are considering both places. It seems that the prices in Bethany are less which makes me think it is less desirable to live there than Lewes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Beachliz you have been so helpful to us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware