Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 AM

85 posts, read 192,196 times

Advertisements

Would like to come to Middletown, DE within the next few weeks to look at some new home developments. I know of St. Annes but thats all I can find. I would like the community to be in the Appo school district because I have young children. Anyone know of any additional communities and there address so I can plug it into the GPS. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,866 times
hi and welcome

you should check out

long meadow (close to rt. 1, shopping and schools) - willow grove mill drive
dove run (walking distance to schools, shopping, restaurants, close to rt. 1) - mallard way or bucktail drive
park side (nice homes, small lots),
lake side (close to soccer and recreation, close to schools)

these neighborhoods feature mostly single family homes in a price range from 250 k - 500 k (4b/4 b)

Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,849 times
Are you working with a realtor or just driving around to get an idea of what you like? Anywhere in Middletown will be in the Appo district, and you can find tons of developments driving around.

For new-new, Willow Grove Mill, Park Side (I thought Dove Run was complete?) are good. There's also Shannon Cove (Shannon Blvd, Murphy Dr), Augustine Creek Augustine Creek – Large Estate Homes in Middletown, Delaware – by Blenheim Homes[/url]), Odessa National (Tweedsmere Dr, Townsend... it's just outside Middletown, but still in Appo), Belden (in Newark, Appo SD -- Denny Rd).

You're probably going to have to map a lot of these out or update your GPS right before you leave. My GPS is a year old and can't find half the streets in Middletown b/c there's been so much new construction.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-15-2010 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Mod cut - please do not post direct links to Realtor property sites

Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM

445 posts, read 1,436,109 times
There are a lot of choices. Any price ranges, min size or other criteria? New only or existing homes, 5 years or less? queen and camrynh gave you a good list to start with.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 AM

@jdoll - looking to keep it in the 350 - 400k range. New or exsisting home from 2500 - 3000 sq ft. At least 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 AM

22 posts, read 60,407 times
Hi Mike,
You sound like you were looking for exactly what were were a year ago! We moved from Philly, have a young child and wanted to be in the Appo district. We looked at a TON of houses in the area and just moved yesterday to Belden. Our realtor was fantastic and patient (never pressured) and I can give you her contact info you'd like.

In any event our favorites were Belden, Augustine Creek, Back Creek and Parkside. The yards in Parkside were too small for us. Belden put me closer to work (I'm still working in Philly). Augustine Creek had some really nice homes and Back Creek had a golf course (most homes were a bit older) but there are some newer ones at a higher price.

We stayed away from St. Anne's only because the golf course they built never came to fruition and the developer went bankrupt. A lot of the development seemed unfinished due to clubhouse area being on hold. I know progress is on indefinite hold because of court hearings but if they ever complete it - that development could shoot up in value. So if you are patient - it could be a great investment since the homes are very reasonably priced right now. We chose not to take that risk because we wanted an established community - or one moving forward.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. It was a long journey for us in terms of house hunting and I took a lot of notes along the way that I'd be happy to share with you. There are a LOT of developments there. One member of this board, Sandee was EXTREMELY helpful and lots of good advice. We're neighbors now!

Good luck.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,849 times
In that case, I think you'd do fine just to put your paramaters into a search. In that price range, you should find a good number of homes that will meet your preferences for size and age. Then you can figure out which house/neighborhood you look best. Folks here are very helpful in the narrowing-down process if you have a commute to consider, or desire certain amenities.

I am not affiliated with prudential in anyway, but you can search by school district at their site here (you may have to register, though). [

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-15-2010 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Realtor sites and recommendations are NOT allowed

Old 09-09-2010, 12:58 PM

347 posts, read 863,592 times
Hey Mike. We moved to Middletown from NJ last year. Can we ask why you are moving? Do you need to be close to anything special? And...do you have a certain date to be moved by? Good luck with your search.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 PM

445 posts, read 1,436,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Brooklyn_NYC View Post
@jdoll - looking to keep it in the 350 - 400k range. New or exsisting home from 2500 - 3000 sq ft. At least 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.
You will find a good choice of house Mike. Likely enough you can select your preferred school feeder pattern (posters already on this thread with personal experience) and commute/local preference.

$350k-$400k will buy that sq/ft and places more, 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots and something built early 2000's or newer. These are all generalities of course.

You likely have the Appo School info, but coming soon will be the new pre-5th schools near Odessa, opening in 2012 that will expand to pre-12th by 2016 per the plan. Environmental Center and Aquatic Centers also will be located on the same campus. Building wise this will be the crown jewel of the Appo district.

The west side (Parkside & St Anne's) will be near the new toll road (New Rt 301) and all the new shopping that it will bring.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 AM

@jdoll - Thanks for the info regarding the new school in 2012, will that school be servicing the Middletown area. I am not that familiar with DE yet so please forgive the questions. I just want to have all the info I need just in case I do relocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware