Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM

381 posts, read 1,365,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
This is just the beginning
Count on getting lots of calls until election day.
One way out: Be politically active, attend political events and ask the candidates to take you off their auto call list. They will gladly oblige.
Hey, even 2 or 3 days off while they all record their new messages will be welcome at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 PM

150 posts, read 426,311 times
I just wanted to weigh in and say, congrats DE republicans for voting in a real conservative. Now, she has to win in November. I'm in Florida, so I don't have anything to do with O'Donnell, but I love to see good candidates winning. Castle was NOT a good candidate. The way he votes, I don't even know why he would call himself a republican, because he is such a liberal. O'Donnell may have had problems, but she, and others like her, is what this country needs

Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,866 times
to me she talks and acts like Sarah Palins twin

the good thing about not having the right to vote is that we did not get ANY call

If things go wrong during the next election, we seriously consider leaving the country.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
I just wanted to weigh in and say, congrats DE republicans for voting in a real conservative. Now, she has to win in November. I'm in Florida, so I don't have anything to do with O'Donnell, but I love to see good candidates winning. Castle was NOT a good candidate. The way he votes, I don't even know why he would call himself a republican, because he is such a liberal. O'Donnell may have had problems, but she, and others like her, is what this country needs
We didn't "vote in," anybody. The republicans, which are a minority in the state, were the only people who chose between Castle and ODonnell.

ODonnell is about as ridiculous as Palin is. They both make the same poor talking points that avoid critical thinking of issues. She cried like a baby when Biden passed his seat on to Kaufman, trashing Biden.

I seriously believe that people who like these candidates (Palin, ODonnell,) have low intellect, and comprehension issues. People who like these candidates generally haven't heard the candidates talk, or, are actually impressed with these women's trigger words, bashing of democrats, and occasional use of big words to cover up the fact that they are avoiding the topic at hand, or do not understand the topic, or how to debate it.

Between Palin, ODonnell, and that Florida pastor, I am truly afraid of a large population of stupid, stupid, stupid Americans that occupy the rest of the country.

This country is NOT a game. It's real life, and it deserves the utmost intelligent, compassionate, and innovative leaders - not people who lie, don't pay bills, get caught in the lies, lie about their unpaid bills, and trick slower, older Americans by using large words and hot buttons.

Here ya go:

Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Between Palin, ODonnell, and that Florida pastor, I am truly afraid of a large population of stupid, stupid, stupid Americans that occupy the rest of the country.
joe, what a GREAT posting !

Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
We didn't "vote in," anybody. The republicans, which are a minority in the state, were the only people who chose between Castle and ODonnell.

ODonnell is about as ridiculous as Palin is. They both make the same poor talking points that avoid critical thinking of issues. She cried like a baby when Biden passed his seat on to Kaufman, trashing Biden.

I seriously believe that people who like these candidates (Palin, ODonnell,) have low intellect, and comprehension issues. People who like these candidates generally haven't heard the candidates talk, or, are actually impressed with these women's trigger words, bashing of democrats, and occasional use of big words to cover up the fact that they are avoiding the topic at hand, or do not understand the topic, or how to debate it.

This country is NOT a game. It's real life, and it deserves the utmost intelligent, compassionate, and innovative leaders - not people who lie, don't pay bills, get caught in the lies, lie about their unpaid bills, and trick slower, older Americans by using large words and hot buttons.

Here ya go:

I pretty much gave up when Bush won for a second time in '04, but since I always try to find a positive in a bad situation at least Bush proved no matter how retarded someone might be (especially mentally) they can be president. What I don't like about this is that Chris Coons will probably win. At least this time he'll be raising the nations taxes not just New Castle County's.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Obviously, DE thinks it needs someone better than Castle. He is a demacrat at heart. The people are sick of the usless senator. Good for O'Donnell

Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM

41 posts, read 140,795 times
James - It wasn't just slower lower, look at the numbers O'Donnell won Newark, Hockessin, Pike Creek. Hardly hick areas!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,371 times
O'Donnell just got 17% of the potential Republican registered votes. All of her supporters need to remember that and enjoy the euphoria for a short while.

Most establishment politicians (Bennett, Castle, Specter etc) who lost in the primaries recently were in politics for too long and voters chose younger candidates.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:38 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Obviously, DE thinks it needs someone better than Castle. He is a democrat at heart. The people are sick of the useless senator. Good for O'Donnell
You say Democrat like it's a bad thing.

(hope you don't mind that I corrected your typo's)

A few of my HS friends from Milford posted on their FB walls the day after the election that they were ashamed to be a Delawarean that day. I've got to say that I didn't follow this election very closely since I live in PA but was there low voter turn-out? Did most people just assume that it was going to be a slam-dunk for Castle?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware