Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 AM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times

Advertisements

She is cute as a bug's ear! I wish when I was in college and later in professional school at university I attended I had a professor that looked that good! Anyway, she is definitely unconventional, don't agree with her on everything, still would like to see her as next Senator from Delaware (beats the hell out of both the look and the policies and politics of Joe Biden).

Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM

604 posts, read 2,011,371 times
In these times when arriving at good decisions requires a lot of grey matter at the top and good analytical capability and capacity to come up with SOLUTIONS and not just whining - Ms. O'Donnell has yet to show that she is up for the task. Just being a pretty face and being a run of the mill "Jane" are not enough qualifications, IMHO.

This has not been a bashing thread as somebody posted. We are just curious as to what "meaningful" statements or thought process she would display besides being voted by 30±K displeasure voters out of a total of 400K votes that Delawareans can cast.

In the last election, when she ran against (now VP) Biden she garnered whopping 35% of the votes - It would be interesting to see if she commands significantaly higher percentage of votes this time around - based on opinions expressed here - to defeat County Executive Coons ..........

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,866 times
just wanted to say, hey, I am cute and unconventional too ! please vote for me

we would be very desperate if we would reduce candidates to that. I never listened to her speech (actually have never heard of her before election ), so far I only saw video clips on youtube, where it was hard to say, if this was comedy or serious talking, most of it older.
If there is a recent video clip which shows her strength, her power of speech, her goals and near/future plans, something, that convinced you as her voter, I would be very interested in that - honestly !

Old 09-28-2010, 01:02 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
God, I hope she loses.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM

16 posts, read 48,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
All I will comment is that she has my vote. I hope she makes it.
What do you like about her, and why have you chosen to vote for her?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 PM

6 posts, read 32,408 times
Default Did Anyone Make a Comparison Chart of Her Views on Issues vs Rep Castle's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I've heard Christine O'Donnell speak two different times in Kent County, and she answered all questions to my satisfaction. She's not ingrained in beltway politics, and in my opinion, represents the average citizen and can relate to our everyday challenges. I don't look at derogatory websites which bash her; I prefer to take the high road and search out the facts.
Having worked for approx. 2 years in the House of Rep for a MA Independent Republican I am somewhat familiar with the procedures in the Senate and Congress. In all I have heard todate from Ms. O'Donnell I have heard nothing that compels all of the admiration I have heard to-date. I would almost compare her situation to McCaine's in that he lost not because of what he stood for but because the Bush-haters couldn't stomach another Republican. We are all paying for that anger. When you examine Mike Castle's record, and I have as a registered Independent, who leans toward Republicans, I find it moderate and primarily aligned with my views based on experience and the realities of DC. I do not find hMs O'Donnell's views as publicized in the media experienced (other than as a campaigner), clear-sighted about what she is supportive of and what she is against and the logic behind her positions. Anyone who has worked even briefly in the DC milieu knows that when you replace an experienced legislator with a non-experienced legislator, you have just empowered the new senator's/representative's staff and the staff of the committees to which they are assigned. Thanks to what I have been able to learn about O'Donnel to-date, I am now VERY RELUCTANTLY leaning toward Mr. Coons as the lesser of two bad choices. That really hurts because we need to retake the Senate from Harry Reid and Co. but not with another inexperienced legislator no matter how passionate her supporters in the primaries are. But I do wish the Dem. Senate Committee would stop those attack ads against O'Donnell, they only inflame the voters against them. Stick to the issues and past positions your candidate has taken and the logic of his arguements for or against an issue and leave the mud on the ground where it belongs. (Note: I chose to vote against Obama for the same reasons as above - lack of experience, lack of demonstrated ability, questionable background and supporters. Great speaker tho at that time)

Old 09-29-2010, 04:53 PM

445 posts, read 1,436,109 times
@tazzt anyone who follows the happenings in DC knows it is McCain not McCaine.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM

908 posts, read 1,829,586 times
If she wins it will be a big wake up call for the Republican and Democrat party. They can no longer ignore the will of the people.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
If she wins it will be a big wake up call for the Republican and Democrat party. They can no longer ignore the will of the people.
If Coons wins, isn't that also the will of the people?

Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,979,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
BTW, it's the Democratic Party -- not the "Democrat Party". But maybe you enjoy sounding like John "Boner".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware