Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:49 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,414,409 times

Advertisements

I thought I would create this, as she's clearly not going away, and is extremely entertaining.

I saw this today - an article posting a SNL skit of her from last night.

Christine O'Donnell's Controversial Past Spoofed In 'SNL' Season Opener (VIDEO)

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
All I will comment is that she has my vote. I hope she makes it.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
for a long time I did not realize, how seriously O'Donnell climbed up the ladder and was speechless, seeing the results and how many people voted for her.

I would never ever support someone who says, evolution is a myth. maybe she did change her mind (at least it was 1999, when she said that, but since she did not appear in public pretty much since the election - who will ever know ?)
If she would ever make it into the senate (which of course she won't), do we want to be represented by people like her ??

I don't care what she said about masturbation or witchcraft, when she was 16 and foolish. but this evolution discussion was not too long ago and I am so afraid, politicians (don't even think that's the right word ....) like her will bring this country BACK in time - but not to basics and great christian life, back to bigotry with a loss of scientific and social achievements.

something else: what is it with O'Donnell and dog fights ?

to be honest: we keep our moving boxes until the US is voting again. And if people like palin and O'donnell are the answer for most of the americans - I would say, go for it, america, we go somewhere else.
that would be very sad, but staying here which such a rocky horror picture show leading the country and we can't even vote against it ... we just could not stand it.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 PM

btw great link, joe. would be even funnier, if it wouldn't be that scary

Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM

19 posts, read 34,727 times
Still too new to the state to start making enemies based on political opinions just yet but all I'm going to say is....

Sarah Palin 2.0

Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
I thought I would create this, as she's clearly not going away, and is extremely entertaining.

I saw this today - an article posting a SNL skit of her from last night.

Christine O'Donnell's Controversial Past Spoofed In 'SNL' Season Opener (VIDEO)
I just want to know how does a person vote for a candidate that the voter apparently knows nothing about?

As opposed to a established Career Republican? That as polls show would have won in November?

I refuse to believe that the citizens of Delaware actually wanted a AntiSex, Witch, (And only God knows what other surprises we will find out about her) to represent them?

I get it that she hates Obama apparently more than her Republican rival, but is that all that needs to be said these days?

Seriously not one person did a background check on this lady?

Last edited by Jermaine88; 09-27-2010 at 09:33 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 AM

392 posts, read 990,502 times
Default Too much hatred

This thread was started to attack, bad mouth, bash, and spew hatred for Christine. This was obvious from the start with that link posted by the one that started this thread. If anyone would like to discuss the issues and what the candidates stand for go to the "Elections" thread. To me that would be interesting; not this name-calling and hatred on here.

Last edited by CaroleM; 09-28-2010 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: print too small

Old 09-28-2010, 05:00 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Carole, you have a good point but I don't really read any hatred, more bewilderment about why she is a candidate. I think it would be very beneficial to hear some information about her views on Delaware concerns.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I just want to know how does a person vote for a candidate that the voter apparently knows nothing about?
I agree. I wonder if her voters really looked behind that little information, that was spread upfront ?

I would be thankful for some insight regarding her not payed college bills, her view of evolution, abstinence and so on. I tried to find more about her, but it seems there is 90 % negative.

I can't see why this thread can NOT be a chance to paint another picture, if there is some solid information.

I had the impression lots of rep. voters wanted her election just because they wanted to get rid of mike castle and did not take the time to look behind the name.

My personal experience with mike castle was a good one, when our greencard files (for our permanent residenceship got lost TWICE) - his office made a lot of calls and kept track how our case developed. and - they knew upfront we would not be able to vote .
From what I've heard, experienced and read about mike castle, I think he did a pretty good job, regardless what party he belongs to - just as a politician.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
I've heard Christine O'Donnell speak two different times in Kent County, and she answered all questions to my satisfaction. She's not ingrained in beltway politics, and in my opinion, represents the average citizen and can relate to our everyday challenges. I don't look at derogatory websites which bash her; I prefer to take the high road and search out the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware