U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 PM

2,556 posts, read 1,629,965 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say that on our trip down last week, we had a very good time, highlighted by a FANTASTIC brunch with rdlr and her husband. They are terrific hosts and made us feel right at home. My wife told me later that her first thought was that rdlr greeted me like we had known each other for years! Well, I know many people who have been in my life for years, but few are more gracious and welcoming than this wonderful couple. Of course, Scrapple was on the menu, and it was lip smackin good!

We saw some homes that were very interesting, and will be back in the near future for more exploring. We still have not settled on one particular area, but like to keep our options open.

Delawareans sure do love their political signs! I think I may get into that business when we move.

I will have to learn to keep it at the speed limit. Those empty, back roads are too tempting!

Once again, a big THANK YOU to rdlr for your hospitality(and friendship!).

Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM

293 posts, read 638,652 times
We don't have a tv station so they need to get their names out there somehow.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,325,932 times
sometimes a forum is SUCH a great place to meet even greater people ! sounds, like you had a very good time ! good luck with your search !

Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 AM

7,025 posts, read 10,333,679 times
Yes, queenofbavaria....Forums are great places to meet really good people. When welcoming newcomers into our home, Mr. rdlr has always relied upon my judgment. In political terms, Mr. rdlr has given me a 100% Approval Rating!

NYJoe, you and Mrs. Joe were a delight! But, you are far too complimentary. We look forward to you both being "down-the-road-apiece" neighbors of ours! Thank you.

Delaware really loves those political signs, NYJoe. You have a good point in considering getting into that business. Actually, can we interest you in gathering them all up after election day? Do you have a tractor trailer truck?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 PM

902 posts, read 3,170,388 times
Sorry I missed you at rdlr's... what a wonderful, welcoming couple they are! We are fortunate to count them as our friends! And Joe, once you and the Mrs. move to Delaware, you MUST attend the Peach Festival breakfast in Wyoming... location to be divulged upon move in. And speaking of politician signs... I heard recently that candidates are not allowed to run TV ads in DE (not sure if my source was reliable); might explain the need for so many signs! Our son can't understand why signs are still a-plenty along side the road now that the primaries are over. Hmmmm, rdlr, do ya think that is a potential part time job??? I am sure a lot of folks would be glad to see a few less along the highway!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 AM

373 posts, read 864,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
... what a wonderful, welcoming couple they are! We are fortunate to count them as our friends! And Joe, once you and the Mrs. move to Delaware, you MUST attend the Peach Festival breakfast in Wyoming... !
I agree with maryCh - 100% - hubby and I first met them at the peach fest parade and they made us both feel as if we had known them our entire lives. I have learned a lot about De from rdlr.

Joe -- Hubby and I hope to meet you and your wife the next time you are in De........and I am also a scrapple lover.....yum!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM

2,556 posts, read 1,629,965 times
Looking forward to meeting you both, Carole and Mary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware