U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 43,795 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if Bowers beach is a nice small town for a day trip to a nice sea side community?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 AM

9,992 posts, read 11,200,805 times
I have only been to Bowers Beach one time to look at a house. There really wasn't anything there. Drive a little farther and go to Lewes.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:57 PM

15,514 posts, read 7,634,628 times
I was not impressed with Bowers beach. It was dirty and the homes were shabby in my opinion.
Bowers in 10 mins from my home and I thought......great, a beach close to walk on but no thanks. The debris was all over and dead horse shoe crabs too. blah.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:04 PM

199 posts, read 658,838 times
Smile Bowers Beach

Elizamary,

Welcome back! I'm sorry to read you were having computer problems. Hope all is ok now. Missed your positive posts.

Bob

Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM

15,514 posts, read 7,634,628 times
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm afraid my last post was not positive because I thought Bowers beach stunk. heheheh.
Well......life can't all be perfect.

Take care Bob and It is nice to be back

Old 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 23,621 times
Default Bowers Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki88 View Post
Can anyone tell me if Bowers beach is a nice small town for a day trip to a nice sea side community?

Thanks in advance!
We purchased a vacation home on the Delaware Bay in Bowers Beach. If you want a quiet, relaxing beach to relax without the crowds...I love the area...not many ammenities....fishing, a reasturant, boat launches. I just don't like the crowds of Lewes or other "resort" communities...Horseshoe crabs are part of the package on the Delaware Bay!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:38 PM

84 posts, read 221,581 times
I have been to Bowers a few times. I didn't realize that there was that much of a beach there but I know there is a good restaurant there, can't remember the name? Slaughter Beach is a little further down. I went there a few times and remember there is a little sub shop with snacks etc. right on the beach. I would keep going too though out to Rehobeth, Dewey or Fenwick. Even though it might be crowded, there is so much to do, and eat

Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 PM

342 posts, read 645,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiekr View Post
I have been to Bowers a few times. I didn't realize that there was that much of a beach there but I know there is a good restaurant there, can't remember the name? Slaughter Beach is a little further down. I went there a few times and remember there is a little sub shop with snacks etc. right on the beach. I would keep going too though out to Rehobeth, Dewey or Fenwick. Even though it might be crowded, there is so much to do, and eat
Hello debbiekr,
Some of us posted our opinions of the beaches, such as Bowers, Slaughter, Broadkill. My opinion was that Bower's Beach was not good at all. Go into the Delaware-Off-Topic and you can read our posts from approx a month ago.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 PM

683 posts, read 1,913,303 times
The restaurant on Bowers Beach is JP's . The song by Otis Redding comes to mind "Sittin' on the dock of the bay...." whenever we visit there. We love watching the tides roll in and out . It's quaint but makes you feel like the shore and it's is in our backyard. They have live bands there on Friday nights and I think on Sunday afternoons.

As for the beach, it's a great place to walk if you like a sandy beach and a water view. It is on the bay and is very quiet . Horseshoe crabs are there in May to mate, then they disappear. There are many rocks and pebbles at the waters edge. I would not recommend swimming there although some do. the scape changes with the tides. It looks different to me every time I visit there.

Recently there was an article in one of the local papers. They had a picture of Bowers Beach in the 1940s and at first glance, you would think it was
a postcard from Atlantic City. Beach umbrellas as far as you could see. It apparently was a popular place back then.

Anyway, if you like , sun, sand , water and are into nature, Bowers is for you.
Surely not for everyone but that's ok too.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 AM

902 posts, read 2,485,692 times
Hi PA,

What a great, all around description. My kids and I have only ventured over to Bowers once, and it was last fall. I wasn't too sure of much public access to the beach itself, so we did not actually explore this little pocket of the DE Bay.

Perhaps we'll wander down to Bowers again this week; its very near us too and I would much prefer the quiet. Thanks for the description... and have a great day!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware