Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM

152 posts, read 649,684 times

Advertisements

The authorities know who she is however there is still no mention of this 84 year old lady from Wilmington, De. She really needs to give up driving.CAUGHT ON TAPE: Car wrong-way on I-95 | Video | 6abc.com

Just wondering why someone who causes 4 accidents is not named and if anyone knows her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM

177 posts, read 684,622 times
THAT is very scary & it happened to me down in Florida on 95 south around Daytona Beach, had to pull onto the shoulder or else a head on!

I wonder if she is a diabetic & her sugar was low!

They'll find her, not many of those old woody wagons around anymore & too bad if she wrecked it, it'll be a classic!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehobothBeachDela_where View Post
THAT is very scary & it happened to me down in Florida on 95 south around Daytona Beach, had to pull onto the shoulder or else a head on!

I wonder if she is a diabetic & her sugar was low!

They'll find her, not many of those old woody wagons around anymore & too bad if she wrecked it, it'll be a classic!
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that they have learned of her identity two days ago but have failed to release her name. I'm just curious as to why they are not stating her name as if she is a BIG SHOT or something.
I suppose that her sugar could've been low but she actually drove like that for miles and from one main route( Pa 322) the wrong way and then she miraculously crossed three densely poulated lanes of oncomming traffic on I-95 in Chester all at around 12:15 pm.

Don.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:14 AM

445 posts, read 1,431,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don57 View Post
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that they have learned of her identity two days ago but have failed to release her name. I'm just curious as to why they are not stating her name as if she is a BIG SHOT or something.
I suppose that her sugar could've been low but she actually drove like that for miles and from one main route( Pa 322) the wrong way and then she miraculously crossed three densely poulated lanes of oncomming traffic on I-95 in Chester all at around 12:15 pm.

Don.
Do you think she should have a scarlet letter sown to her top and a public flogging take place? Releasing her name achieves nothing since the law requires license suspension and her family has already taken her keys.

Take her license without stripping her dignity. A novel approach in this day and age I know but it was once considered the right thing to do.

Last edited by jdoll; 10-31-2010 at 06:53 AM..

Old 10-31-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
Do you think she should have a scarlet letter sown to her top and a public flogging take place? Releasing her name achieves nothing since the law requires license suspension and her family has already taken her keys.

Take her license without stripping her dignity. A novel approach in this day and age I know but it was once considered the right thing to do.
Just where do you get off with that attitude? I am only inquiring as to the withholding of what would normally be public knowledge if it were anyone else.

Are you taking up with her case because you might behave similarly?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:04 AM

445 posts, read 1,431,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don57 View Post
Just where do you get off with that attitude? I am only inquiring as to the withholding of what would normally be public knowledge if it were anyone else.

Are you taking up with her case because you might behave similarly?
Normally? Had it not been for the video you'd know nothing of this event. Thousands of events happen daily and names are never published or broadcast. Since cars were invented family members have privately taken the car keys from their family members when they were no longer safe on the road. Privately and allowing the elderly loved ones to hold on to as much dignity as possible.

The video was aired, which allowed the family to become aware and privately take her car keys. The correct thing happened and there is nothing positive accomplished by publicly "outing" her.

As for my attitude? Your morbid demand to know her name at sole expense of an elderly womans dignity appalled me sir. The story ended as it should. There is no positive end achieved releasing her name.

If you sir had ever taken the keys from a loved one you'd know what the hell I was taking about. So yea I do find similarity with the story. Your insult for me sir is not worthy of answer; nor are you of my time.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 PM

So why did you respond then Mam? And I could have been involved (other than the video) for I travel all around here and the philly area is my main market. I could've been one of the four victims that suffered because of this incident. Not really an accident when you drive for miles and never know what is going on all around you is it? You don't need to answer that. I require none of your time.

Have a good.
Don.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,937,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post

Talking of flogging, did you know that Delaware still had that on the books as a criminal punishment up until sometime in the 1950's? But I think putting the ol' dame in the pillory - which DE had until around 1910 - would be more suitable. (kidding, of course, but the history with regard to flogging and the pillory in DE is factual).

Old 10-31-2010, 12:14 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,044,864 times
MOST 80+ year olds cannot function, let alone drive since 90 percent of them are so drugged up and doped up that they wouldn't even recognize their own hand in front of their face.

I feel so bad that older people are labeled as "stupid" or "incompetent" or "slow" just because they are old. It is not true. IT IS THE DRUGS, PEOPLE. THE DRUGS ARE MAKING THEM LIKE THIS. People in their 60s 70s and even 80 (in most cases) are perfectly capable of doing everything that a younger person can do - except that in today's society they CANNOT DO IT because of the endless (unnecessary) medications that they are taking.

This lady is the perfect example.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Talking of flogging, did you know that Delaware still had that on the books as a criminal punishment up until sometime in the 1950's? But I think putting the ol' dame in the pillory - which DE had until around 1910 - would be more suitable. (kidding, of course, but the history with regard to flogging and the pillory in DE is factual).
The city of Olde NewCastle still has their pillory at the court house a few blocks away from me. That thing sure was scary looking when I was a child and seen it during a school trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: