Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 AM

60 posts, read 308,856 times

Advertisements

Anybody out there know of any "open mic nights" at any northern Delaware locations, bar or otherwise. I only know of one, at Mojo 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM

9,678 posts, read 14,147,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuff822 View Post
Anybody out there know of any "open mic nights" at any northern Delaware locations, bar or otherwise. I only know of one, at Mojo 13.
Tootsie, a member here, has quite a bit of information on that. I'll get with her and see if she'll post what she knows.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Much appreciated. Back in DE after a 10 year hiatus and the local music scene has dried up!! Any assistance in finding anything anywhere would be great.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,399,879 times
There is a new magazine called SPARK. It deals specifically with music and nightlife. It's free... you can find it anywhere.

Spark: Ignite Your Life ¦ SPARK

Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuff822 View Post
Much appreciated. Back in DE after a 10 year hiatus and the local music scene has dried up!! Any assistance in finding anything anywhere would be great.
We've got to get you back into the swing of things (said the grandma to the young'un)
Get in the car and ride down to Dover this weekend, cuff! I know very little about the New Castle County music scene, but know enough about Kent, that maybe I can help you. Having a son as a musician (now retired from the scene) I'd recommend that you stop by JW's in the Hamlet Shopping Center, on Saulsbury Rd. on the west side of Dover. Don't know about open mic, but to get you connected again to the scene, it won't hurt to strike up conversations with some musicians down here. It's a very relaxed venue, and people in Kent County are friendly. Here's the link which shows their calendar. JW'S SPORTS BAR If I think of anything else, I'll post again. I hate to see a good musician go to waste!

By the way, what kind of music do you like? We're fans of Voyager, and they will be at JW's on Jan. 23rd. They do some old rock i.e. David Bowie, Cars, Stones, plus some new material. Joey Fulkerson does blusey stuff and is great, too. We love live music and support the bands every chance we get.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,864,476 times
I know, it's not north, but the gibby center in middletown might be worth a look gilbert w. perry, jr. center for the arts

what exactly is an open mic night ? I only know the gibby center sometimes offers that.
mea culpa - I am german and still learning - every day

Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
I know, it's not north, but the gibby center in middletown might be worth a look gilbert w. perry, jr. center for the arts
what exactly is an open mic night ? I only know the gibby center sometimes offers that.
mea culpa - I am german and still learning - every day
In Kent County, open mic is when musicians bring their instruments to a pub, bar, or tavern, and have an open jam session.... impromptu. It's a good way for musicians to meet one another, play together, and have fun. We enjoy going and watching all of the talent.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,864,476 times
rdlr, thanks !

wow, that sounds interesting. I've always read about it, but never looked into it.
I just found the open drum circle at the newark art alliance and enjoyed it a lot. My Jembe had dust from many years on it. So I guess open mic nicht is something similar without the audience we'll keep my eyes open for the next open mic

Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,529,147 times
cuff822: Use this site to find where the open mikes are: comedy.openmikes.org.

If you are a musician, this site also lists musical places for open mikes, also. Just look around it.

This should do it, cuff.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Tootsie,
Thanks for the web address for the open mic site. Yeah, that pretty much does it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware