Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 AM

93 posts, read 170,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
well, that's something you hear sometimes.

but by reading all posts you will learn, that the OP is NOT a native english speaker.

conclusion: some americans don't have a proper language - and some don't take the time to read
Ha ha, okay point well taken. If English isn't his first language, then it makes sense.

Unfortunately, I talk to people every day for whom English is supposedly their first and only language, who have zero command of the language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 09:18 AM

93 posts, read 170,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwindwalker View Post
when i asked 'town',it include rural place.

i was be told that,the north of US have most Christian live in, so i guess small towns in north of USA will be better choices for me.
Kevin, I am sorry for my rant earlier about your English skills. I didn't realize English was a second language for you. I'm just so used to Americans with terrible English skills, and I had a weak moment. Sorry. Can you tell me what your first language is?

Also, you asked about Christians. Are you a Christian, and looking for an area with a strong Christian community? I'm wondering if that is why you asked.

Plus Wyoming is very windy.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 AM

407 posts, read 966,408 times
I am from NY and looking to move to DE in about a year....unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question. I can say that the middle to lower parts of DE from what I've seen still has a lot of farm areas and would probably suit you.
I would also like to comment about how NY people get a bad rap for being nasty....since the Elections I have really started to wonder about DE people...fine...Christine O'Donnel may not be your cup of Tea (pun intended)...BUT the bashing has just been nasty and actually funny to an outsider looking in.
ALSO, I'd like to point out that you ask a simple question, and because you misspelled a few words many DE people begin making fun of you and/or bashing you instead of making an effort to answer your question.
Seriously...DE people....you should be proud of yourselves.
Now go ahead and bash me instead of apologizing, I know how the internet works.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:23 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtees4 View Post
ALSO, I'd like to point out that you ask a simple question, and because you misspelled a few words many DE people begin making fun of you and/or bashing you instead of making an effort to answer your question.
I'd like to point out that, "DE people" now covers a lot of territory - NY, NJ, CT, RI, PA and other newcomers are continuing to move here at a pretty steady rate. There aren't that many of us natives here anymore.
When will you be joining us?

Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtees4 View Post
I am from NY and looking to move to DE in about a year....unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question. I can say that the middle to lower parts of DE from what I've seen still has a lot of farm areas and would probably suit you.
I would also like to comment about how NY people get a bad rap for being nasty....since the Elections I have really started to wonder about DE people...fine...Christine O'Donnel may not be your cup of Tea (pun intended)...BUT the bashing has just been nasty and actually funny to an outsider looking in.

Yeah, judge Delaware by a few ingrates and ignoramuses like myself who like to have fun at other peoples expense, not the 800,000 more or less people that live here and love it here. Good grief.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:21 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
... not the 800,000 more or less people that live here and love it here. Good grief.
... and a few more of us who don't live here yet, but love it anyway!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:05 PM

48 posts, read 88,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell5252 View Post
Kevin, I am sorry for my rant earlier about your English skills. I didn't realize English was a second language for you. I'm just so used to Americans with terrible English skills, and I had a weak moment. Sorry. Can you tell me what your first language is?

Also, you asked about Christians. Are you a Christian, and looking for an area with a strong Christian community? I'm wondering if that is why you asked.

Plus Wyoming is very windy.
yes,im a Christian.
powell.wy was chosen at last night.thanks a lot for everyone in this thread.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 AM

728 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I'd like to point out that, "DE people" now covers a lot of territory - NY, NJ, CT, RI, PA When will you be joining us?
And Utah!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I'd like to point out that, "DE people" now covers a lot of territory - NY, NJ, CT, RI, PA and other newcomers are continuing to move here at a pretty steady rate. There aren't that many of us natives here anymore.
When will you be joining us?
Point taken. I am ready to join you right now, but my wife is not quite ready yet. I also have a daughter in HS who would like to finish here (which I understand)...so realistically...one year at best, two years hopefully for sure.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Yeah, judge Delaware by a few ingrates and ignoramuses like myself who like to have fun at other peoples expense, not the 800,000 more or less people that live here and love it here. Good grief.

I feel like I am Bill O'Reilly. I didn't say or mean ALL people of Delaware, just those who posted making fun of someone's English (and frankly I could care less if it is their first language or not). No problem with you specifically James, I didn't even pay attention to the names on the threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: