U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 PM

80 posts, read 172,426 times

Advertisements

So the house is purchased. Now who do I call for Cable TV? I already have a direct tv account from our RV that is in Steamboat Landing. But, I was wondering if the cost is cheaper to go with a local cable company for cable TV?

What does anyone recommend?

Thanks a bunch....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 PM

445 posts, read 1,285,811 times
Depends are where you live. Cable in Delaware is Comcast or Atlantic Broadband. I have also heard of a company called MediaCom. And Verizon FioS is also a option and probably the most popular anywhere it is offered.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Milton, vaca home. I wonder if you can connect and disconnect the cable for comcast? don't need to pay for it while I am not there. Guess I will give them a call! Thanks.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:08 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,765,724 times
Direct TV has just added the 2 Salisbury channels to their lineup. Having the local channels will certainly help it.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 AM

7,325 posts, read 10,754,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy393 View Post
So the house is purchased. Now who do I call for Cable TV? I already have a direct tv account from our RV that is in Steamboat Landing. But, I was wondering if the cost is cheaper to go with a local cable company for cable TV?
What does anyone recommend? Thanks a bunch....
We're happy with Comcast and have had it since 1993. Before that we had satellite t.v. which was a nightmare.

I don't mind sharing our monthly bill. $74.25/month for T.V. which includes all of the following:

Standard Service (the cheapest,and we don't need all those 200 channels) = $61.95.That includes digital equipment with On/Demand (tons of movies we don't watch)

Digital Sports Tier = $6.95 (a must for us; it's our thing)

Franchise Fee, State Utility Tax, FCC Reg. Fee = $5.35

Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,896 times
Default Directv vs. Comcast

I don't know your costs, but would warn against simply just keeping directv in this area if you are a sports fan of Philly teams. Comcast has exclusive deals with all the major sport's teams in the area and broadcasts them on their own network. They don't have a deal with directv and most likely won't in this area because anyone with directv will have their phillies, eagles, flyers, & sixers games blackedout. Hence, Comcast has a huge marketshare here and Directv cannot broadcast any local game on their networks in this area. I lived on the Westcoast and was able to see more Philly games via directv than living in Wilmington. If you don't care too much for sports or aren't a fan of any of the local teams, stick with directv and you can get a cheaper deal along with better service imo. I had to give up my directv b/c I'm a huge local sports fan and couldn't justify paying for cable without seeing their games.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 PM

ok, hold it, we are HUGE phillies fans................and I will live there in Milton all summer, so what should i get, the direct tv or the local comcast cable? will be down occ. in the winter for an eagles game but that is no big deal if we see or don't see that? please direct? thanks.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Last I knew DirecTv still did not carry ComcastPhilly. In the MOT area we got MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network) as the local sports network, ie: Orioles and Nationals games. Verizon FioS does carry ComcastPhilly, ie:Phillies in the summer and Flyers in the winter.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 PM

in the MOT area? what is that? I do want Phillies? do I get comcast or directv? do I have to add and extra? what do I do here. Thanks so much. Also, does anyone know if you can shut down the service for a month or two in the winter? as we wont be down then as much?

Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 PM

MOT is Middletown, Odessa and Townsend. Maybe it is time to call DirecTV and Comcast and ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware