U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 AM
 
53 posts, read 162,339 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
How about the the local YMCA, I can't speak for the one down there, in Bear maybe? anyway the Y up here has an indoor pool and Gymnastics.

I think you'll find that describes most residents of Delaware. Did you go to the Hummers parade in Middletown?
Haha, not yet, but we will next year! And to the peach festival!

There's a Bear-Glasgow YMCA, I guess that's a closest one, we'll take a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 AM
 
604 posts, read 1,774,847 times
Reputation: 205
She is planning to or already has moved to Middletown ... Greenville place was probbaly not a good solution considering the child/ren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 PM
 
53 posts, read 162,339 times
Reputation: 21
Yes, we have moved to Middletown, still getting situated. We have really improved our living conditions, the same rent gets us a very spacious townhouse as opposed to a cramped apartment. We're not very picky, but it's nice to have space for a change. I'm really enjoying the huge kitchen and not having to walk sideways into it and bump butts every time one of us tries to walk by.

We bought a second car; not very happy w/Martin's Honda (if interested, I can explain via direct message). The commute to Wilmington is not great either, but even w/traffic it's within an hour, so it's not the worst commute we've ever had. The food shopping is more expensive than what we're used to, but all the necessities are conveniently located. We're very happy with the elementary school - it's clean, well organized, everybody's competent and responsive. We're really enjoying the change of pace and overall are very satisfied. Thank you very much for all responses and recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 03:24 PM
 
445 posts, read 1,285,482 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarochka View Post
Yes, we have moved to Middletown, still getting situated. We have really improved our living conditions, the same rent gets us a very spacious townhouse as opposed to a cramped apartment. We're not very picky, but it's nice to have space for a change. I'm really enjoying the huge kitchen and not having to walk sideways into it and bump butts every time one of us tries to walk by.

We bought a second car; not very happy w/Martin's Honda (if interested, I can explain via direct message). The commute to Wilmington is not great either, but even w/traffic it's within an hour, so it's not the worst commute we've ever had. The food shopping is more expensive than what we're used to, but all the necessities are conveniently located. We're very happy with the elementary school - it's clean, well organized, everybody's competent and responsive. We're really enjoying the change of pace and overall are very satisfied. Thank you very much for all responses and recommendations!
First welcome to Middletown. I am curious about your expensive food comment however. Could you expound on that please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
 
53 posts, read 162,339 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
First welcome to Middletown. I am curious about your expensive food comment however. Could you expound on that please.
Thank you. We moved from New York City where there's an abundance of local grocery shops and small ethnic food stores, where the prices are generally a lot lower than in average supermarkets. Yesterday I did my first round of produce shopping and walked away with a week's worth costing me close to a hundred dollars, which was about half as much as what I was used to paying. For example, 99 cents per green pepper here as opposed to $1.23 per pound before. I'm looking forward to farmers' markets! When do they open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 PM
 
445 posts, read 1,285,482 times
Reputation: 344
For produce check Willey Farms of Delaware - Country Food Market and Plant Center, a 15 minute drive south of Middletown. Also visit Dutch Country Farmers Market in Middletown. Many of the area farmers markets open in May to Early-June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 PM
 
53 posts, read 162,339 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
For produce check Willey Farms of Delaware - Country Food Market and Plant Center, a 15 minute drive south of Middletown. Also visit Dutch Country Farmers Market in Middletown. Many of the area farmers markets open in May to Early-June.
Oh excellent, I will definitely check them out! Thank you for the dining recommendations earlier, btw, I made a note of them. I'm really looking forward to exploring the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 AM
 
53 posts, read 162,339 times
Reputation: 21
Quick question - there doesn't appear to be any recycling going on in our neighborhood, is there a place in Middletown to take recycling to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
 
604 posts, read 1,774,847 times
Reputation: 205
Check with your trash pick-up entity. Additionally, you may find recycling bins in several school yards or shoppng center parking lots or park and ride locations for DART.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top