U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,136,222 times

Advertisements

I'm glad I had my shoulder surgery almost two weeks ago cause this weather is ridiculous this early in December. Its not even Winter yet, I went Christmas shopping with my wife today when she got home from work and good grief is it nasty out. My friends who hunt ducks and deer aren't used to this weather until January. I can't believe ponds are freezing up down in lower Delaware already. I also can't remember the last time it was this cold in December and its affecting most of the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 02:16 PM

388 posts, read 849,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I also can't remember the last time it was this cold in December and its affecting most of the East.
Not up here in Maine, James. Yesterday was 56 and sunny, today sunny and "only" 48. Break out the sunblock!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:50 PM

7,316 posts, read 10,746,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm glad I had my shoulder surgery almost two weeks ago cause this weather is ridiculous this early in December. Its not even Winter yet, I went Christmas shopping with my wife today when she got home from work and good grief is it nasty out. My friends who hunt ducks and deer aren't used to this weather until January. I can't believe ponds are freezing up down in lower Delaware already. I also can't remember the last time it was this cold in December and its affecting most of the East.
Hi James! ........Merry Cliffmas! (as in Lee)

About the cold weather....I have an outside job, by choice. Yes, it does seem a bit colder, earlier this year. But I'm acclimated after working outside so many years in all kinds of weather...rain being my most dreaded weather to work in. Wind was really whippin' today!

Wish the Phillies were playing tonight!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Not up here in Maine, James. Yesterday was 56 and sunny, today sunny and "only" 48. Break out the sunblock!
Its warmer in Maine than it is some parts of Florida and alot warmer than Delaware, thanks. Btw I used to go to Waterville, Maine as a kid from the age of 5 until I was 16, I think techincally it was Belgrade. I love it up there.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,417,950 times
I am usually not a person who likes to dress up her dog - but these freezing cold days might make me change my mind.
it was 22 F yesterday in Middletown, felt like 10 - and going to the dogpark is not possible, since it is even colder out there (levels park, no trees, just windy fields).

If you ask me in spring, summer and fall - I would always say, YES, I do like the seasons - but this december makes me rethinking that statement.
I still go outside - looking like the puffy pilsbury guy - but I would not call this 'enjoyable' right now

Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Hi James! ........Merry Cliffmas! (as in Lee)

About the cold weather....I have an outside job, by choice. Yes, it does seem a bit colder, earlier this year. But I'm acclimated after working outside so many years in all kinds of weather...rain being my most dreaded weather to work in. Wind was really whippin' today!

Wish the Phillies were playing tonight!!!
I was watching the Ravens vs Texans Monday night and around midnight the news broke that the Phillies resigned Lee. WOW I didn't sleep untill the next day. After suffering through so many garbage years with the Phillies, now they are the number 1 frachise in Philly and I love it. I wish the season started tonight. Yes its a merry Cliffmas, and he spurned the Yankees which is even better. lol. I was at Dicks sporting goods yesterday looking for his jersey with my wife (christmas shopping) my first time out in almost two weeks and I was freezing. I am now a full fledged sissy when it comes to the cold.

Wel come baaack
Cliff Lee.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
I am usually not a person who likes to dress up her dog - but these freezing cold days might make me change my mind.
it was 22 F yesterday in Middletown, felt like 10 - and going to the dogpark is not possible, since it is even colder out there (levels park, no trees, just windy fields).

If you ask me in spring, summer and fall - I would always say, YES, I do like the seasons - but this december makes me rethinking that statement.
I still go outside - looking like the puffy pilsbury guy - but I would not call this 'enjoyable' right now
I do like the seasons as well especially spring and fall, this is the fall and I''m glad to be home. I can't stand the gray skies, its like we get two days of sun and then cloudy for the rest of the week. Plus its cold out but even Florida is cold so it must be a strange weather pattern. I call it upside down Global Warming.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 PM

297 posts, read 635,204 times
Ugh, I can't deal with the cold anymore!

At least we're not still in Virginia. Friends there are getting ready for 6 or so inches of snow, and similar temps to boot. No, thanks.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:04 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,761,647 times
It's warmed up. 30 degrees as I drove in to work at 11:30 Pm. (16 last night).

Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,051,581 times
I am very, very tolerant of the cold weather, but I will say that this December has been a tad bit on the ridiculous side. It's been quite cold for weeks on end!! And I LOVE seasons too.....it's one of the things I'll miss about this state A LOT when I move to south Florida in a couple years. However, this pre-winter weather is certainly impressive (and not in a good way!)!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware