U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,482,787 times

Advertisements

For residents of New Castle County, its a shame really our taxes have risen by 55% since '05 and sewer taxes have gone up 60%, but during the last election, the News Journal which was basically Chris Coons headquarters never mentioned New Castle County being possibly broke. I wonder why this never came up during the election. Hmmmm

NCCo transition team dissident is right -- budget ax must finally fall
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM

4,597 posts, read 5,918,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
For residents of New Castle County, its a shame really our taxes have risen by 55% since '05 and sewer taxes have gone up 60%, but during the last election, the News Journal which was basically Chris Coons headquarters never mentioned New Castle County being possibly broke. I wonder why this never came up during the election. Hmmmm
NCCo transition team dissident is right -- budget ax must finally fall
James.....It DID come up (at some of the "other" rallies)

Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
James.....It DID come up (at some of the "other" rallies)

Its strange how the fair and balanced News Journal seems to pick and choose what they print and who they print it about. Just a few days ago a headline in the News Journal read that O'donnell was being investigated by the FBI, the very next day on the back page, the News Journal was demanding to know if the FBI was investigating her or not.

Personally I could less about O'donnell but I would like to know if my taxes are going up because Coons and the rest of his nitwit buddies overspent our tax money.. Again...

Old 01-05-2011, 05:02 PM

445 posts, read 893,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Its strange how the fair and balanced News Journal seems to pick and choose what they print and who they print it about. Just a few days ago a headline in the News Journal read that O'donnell was being investigated by the FBI, the very next day on the back page, the News Journal was demanding to know if the FBI was investigating her or not.

Personally I could less about O'donnell but I would like to know if my taxes are going up because Coons and the rest of his nitwit buddies overspent our tax money.. Again...
O'Donnell again? You bring up her name so much it seems you do care. If you are assigning blame James assign it fairly; not FOX News style. The big increases are OLD news and if you look at when the heavy increases hit you'll find the News Journal was all over the story and none to kind to Coons on many occasions..

1) The 2011 NCCo tax rate increase is ZERO

2) The 2011 NCCo sewer rate increase is 4%. And the sewer is a service, charged to you on the basis of YOUR USAGE. My sewer bill decreased 50% from 2006-2010.

Financial Reports - New Castle County, DE

Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
O'Donnell again? You bring up her name so much it seems you do care. If you are assigning blame James assign it fairly; not FOX News style. The big increases are OLD news and if you look at when the heavy increases hit you'll find the News Journal was all over the story and none to kind to Coons on many occasions..

1) The 2011 NCCo tax rate increase is ZERO

2) The 2011 NCCo sewer rate increase is 4%. And the sewer is a service, charged to you on the basis of YOUR USAGE. My sewer bill decreased 50% from 2006-2010.

Financial Reports - New Castle County, DE

Yes the increases were old news and the News Journal had a love affair with Coons over O'donnell, not that I blame them. Its not alright to keep wasting taxpayers money it seems the only answer for Democrats is to raise taxes which will be done in 2012 and later. I guess maybe when I see these great services that we have in New Castle County put to use
then I won't mind so much.

My rates ddn't go up because I take more dumps, myrates went up because more people needed central sewer, my road has never been dug up and had the sewer line replaced, but I know alot of places that didn't have central sewer years ago have it now. My rates went up so more people below the ditch could take a dump.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM

445 posts, read 893,688 times
As a taxpaying resident from below the ditch I thank you for allowing me to take a dump.

But before you get on a high horse I suggest you break down the services (that's not sewer my friend) to the southern part of the county vs the north. Example, NCCo has 28 major parks of which zero are below the ditch. And my tax rate is no lower because of that fact.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM

4,636 posts, read 6,368,696 times
Maybe Delaware should create a fourth county out of the part of New Castle Co. below the C&D Canal. Alternatively, that part of New Castle County could be ceded to Kent. Pros/cons, anyone? It sure seems more culturally consistent with Kent Co. than with the rest of New Castle and the lion's share of services and infrastructure development will always go to northern New Castle County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware