U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM

4,726 posts, read 10,300,467 times

Advertisements

You know, I find slaughtering the national anthem at ball games extremely depressing. Only trained singers of operatic or good choral quality should get to sing it. I don't like hearing the silly, pop-ized or countryfied versions of the national anthem that you get from the usual slappers they get to do it. And Christine forgot the words, didn't she?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,421,246 times
that's a good point, doctorjef. that's why I was just touched by watching the players cry, not by listening to the Christina.
I like her as a singer, but 'slaughtering' the anthem pretty much sums it up. I totally agree, I would have prefered (at least) josh groban singing it, someone with a nice vibrato in his/her voice.

and - I like the Black Eyed Peas a lot, great work out music. but watching them live is not that enjoyable . the show itself was good, the light effects great, but the singing was just weak.
Besides technical problems they guys did not have a (live) voice at all and Fergie at times screamed just badly. I was really looking forward to them, but thas was quite disappointing !

this time I did not even like the commercials that much (but missed the first ones ...).

At least the last 20 minutes were thrilling (to me) and it was nice having friends over

Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,421,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Sounds fun, i really don't care who wins either, you can't help but feel patriotic w/ the national anthem etc. It was just the 2 of us here, I made some hor'doerves but will just say one of them was a little disappointing in that it tasted better than it looked, oh well, will try it again but another time when I have more time (was rushing, haste makes waste), I probably should have just made something real simple like stuffed celery w/ cheese whiz or crackers and cheese (did have a couple of new dips I wanted to try), the little hotdogs in crescent rolls was easy and turned out good too, hadn't made that in ages
hor'doerves sounds so much better than fingerfood !! actually, we had hor'doerves too ! I made puff pastry shells filled with ham, salmon and .... Nutella ! no, not mixed together, I made different one's .
I prefer good taste over good look, so sounds like you had a good night in my opinion.
but ...how can you stuff a celery ??

Old 02-07-2011, 07:32 AM

7,332 posts, read 10,763,732 times
I missed Christine's version of the National Anthem, thankfully.

Our Super Bowl event was a lot of fun. Walking up and down the streets in our neighborhood was pretty good exercise..... except each household we visited served really outstanding dishes, and I over ate! Today I need to walk a couple miles to compensate.

About half of the people we visited cared about the Super Bowl, but each house had it on their T.V. The last quarter of the game, the crowd concluded the evening at one neighbor's house for night caps, with a few dozing off on the couch.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 AM

4,129 posts, read 13,275,552 times
Well, it's called stuffed celery but all you really do is put cream cheese (maybe with some spices, you can buy it already made up in a little plastic container in the dairy section of most grocery stores) or cheese whiz and put it along the ridge (where it curves in a bit), then cut the celery in 1 or 2-inch pieces. Fairly low in calories which Im always looking for, LOL. I bet if you googled 'stuffed celery' you would find some pictures/images of it ;-)

This was the stromboli recipe I tried to make (it was on Rachel Ray last wk), easy but I think my mistake was putting a bit too much spaghetti sauce on it b/c when you roll it up to look like a stromboli, you want the edges to stick together, they wont if there's the sauce on it so you have to be careful not to overdo it - some werent really rolled up the way they should have been, they looked a little like small regular pizza's but they tasted OK anyway - I used the Hormel turkey pepperoni (in the dairy section), lots less fat and calories than the regular pepperoni - also sliced very thin which worked well - anyway, for what it's worth, here's the recipe

Baby Strombolis

Ingredients: one can (10 pack) refrigerated store brand biscuits (not buttermilk), 25 pieces sliced pepperoni, 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray
3. Pull apart biscuits to create 3 slices of dough (per biscuit)
4. Flatten each piece with palm of hand
5. Place 1 pepperoni slice on each slice of dough and sprinkle shredded cheese on top to cover pepperoni
6. Fold biscuit to create a tube-like roll
7. Place strombolis on baking sheet an inch apart
8. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown
Best served warm!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 AM

4,129 posts, read 13,275,552 times
PS - Oh man, I just realized why the darn recipe didnt come out right, I added spag. sauce - none was called for, argh! No wonder the biscuit didnt stick together. To use a worn-out phrase, "I don't know what I was thinking!" LOL. Anyway, just wanted to clarify -
PPS - I bet it'll come out great next time I make it - now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware