U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,378,919 times

Advertisements

I live in South Jersey, but travel alot to Delaware to eat.

I have not been going for a few years due to a family illness, so i'm looking for ideas now on good mexican food in Delaware, and good seafood.

I'm not picky about things having to be fancy - as long as the food is GOOD. I have checked online a few seafood restaurants, and it seems like people only review them when they have a BAD experience. This must be the case, becuz i have heard others talk about the restaurants being good.

Any ideas you can give me would be appreciated. I'm not so much looking for crabs, i know the good places for them. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,301,702 times
Agave on 2nd Street in Lewes is absolutely to die for IMO. It's mostly interior of Mexico food, not TexMex. It's a beautiful little place too - very small and very well decorated. In Rehoboth, Mariachi isn't bad, though not as good as Agave. Again it's thankfully not strictly TexMex, although they cover more of that ground than does Agave. They're also a fairly large place. They're on Wilmington Avenue, I believe, only a block or two west of the boardwalk. For seafood I like Harry's Seafood Grill on the Christina Riverfront in Wilmington, although IME people have very polarised attitudes about the restaurant -- they either love it or loathe it. It's fairly upscale. I like their bar a lot - we almost always sit in the bar to eat, but during the warmer months it can also be nice to sit on their riverfront patio.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 AM

4,129 posts, read 13,277,522 times
No personal experience but here's a link to restaurants in DE, I'm pretty sure there's Mex. ones as well as seafood

Delaware Restaurant Reviews

Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Thank you.

Has anyone had seafood at Feby's, or Joe's Crab Shack?

How about Mexican at - I cant remember the name, but i've seen it after leaving my doctor's office. He is in the complex where the big rusty medical bag sculpture is LOL. I forget the name of the road! It may be near Stanton ??

Thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 PM

4,726 posts, read 10,301,702 times
I find Feby's boring, both the food and the atmosphere. I think they're overpriced for what they are. I don't mind paying a high tariff for good food and atmosphere; I just don't think they're worth it. It is possible, however, that some of their specials nights, like crab legs or lobster, may be better than their normal menu dinners.

One TexMex place that I will tell you I think -as a native Texan- is a big, malodorous pile of dog turds is La Tonalteca/La Tolteca (they were the respondents in a lawsuit over their name and were allowed to keep their original La Tolteca name for one or two of their restaurants - all the others had to be called something else, ergo the very stupid "Tonalteca"). For TexMex in North Wilmington, Mexican Post on Naaman's Road is slightly better.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 AM

728 posts, read 1,597,462 times
The place you are referring to around Stanton is called Border Cafe, known also as "EAT" due to the BIG sign you can't miss... the food is decent and portions for price is great. I STILL cannot find a mexican place I'm 100% happy with, had some great places I took for granted back home in Salt Lake...

Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Thank you!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:18 PM

445 posts, read 1,286,438 times
Tequila's in Middletown is the most authentic Mexican I've found in Delaware. It's not the Red Iguana (if that is still in SLC) but it's close.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:14 PM

70 posts, read 154,510 times
I enjoy mexican food as well as seafoods too. The tangy and spicy taste, they make it so close to perfection. I came across an online food-joints list in Delaware, you may want to look and check it out this blog with the list at : DelawareOnline.com
those big food joints where Man Vs. Food was held were amazing. Food and Man together, a blast anywhere. Enjoy and bon appetit!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 AM

297 posts, read 636,049 times
Joe's Crab Shack is a large chain. It's mediocre at best. To be fair, however, I have not eaten at one in Delaware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware