U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 PM

12 posts, read 23,082 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to negative, but I am truly looking for insight on active adult communities in Delaware and the 55+ Thread is just not doing it for me or many of my friends. All I can find is information about Champions Club(my friends do not want to live on a landing strip) and Roesville. It seems that everytime someone posts something for a debate it gets erased so hopefully we can start something up that opens the forum to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 AM

6 posts, read 11,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_190 View Post
I don't mean to negative, but I am truly looking for insight on active adult communities in Delaware and the 55+ Thread is just not doing it for me or many of my friends. All I can find is information about Champions Club(my friends do not want to live on a landing strip) and Roesville. It seems that everytime someone posts something for a debate it gets erased so hopefully we can start something up that opens the forum to everyone.
I haven't posted in a while, but have been keeping up by reading all posts. I disagree with you, respectfully. I think the 55+ thread is very well represented with varying opinions True, there are more responders from Champions and Roesville but its not for lack of inquiring where the other communities residents are! I do believe there had been repeated requests for their participation. Perhaps starting another thread would only confuse people??

Old 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM

10 posts, read 26,863 times
Hi, I'm Roman Miracles, and I've been erased LOL!

Can't say much more than that I'm afraid, but glad I can still post.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:43 AM

29 posts, read 88,103 times
The beauty of message boards such as this - you can "choose" to read what you want and not read those things you do not!

Freedom of choice -- its a beautiful thing

Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 AM

33 posts, read 50,004 times
well mason, what is it your hoping to find in a community? or are you looking for one? maybe they continue to post from those communities because they have that in common?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:57 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,161 times
Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing and it's available to anyone who wants it.

Champions club and Roesville are two very nice communities and seem to be the most popular so far in the fee simple category.
There are more communities and I posted a listing of most of the known ones in DE if you are interest.

www.activeadultliving.com/DE/delaware.htm

we are very happy at SM but if we were looking now.......there are more choices to look into and if we were looking now........we would definately check them all out.
For us, this move is our last if we can help it.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 9,658 times
Hi Mason_190, the Delaware 55+ thread has a lot of info and some worthwhile opinions. There are a lot of nice alternatives to Champions Club. Check out Heritage Shores, Nobles Pond, Independence. Mod cut - link to posters web site is not permitted.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-15-2011 at 06:40 AM..

Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,374,371 times
I think it's just that most of the people posting in the thread (MOST) want to live in that type of community... so they find the positives.

And the more they post, the more i KNOW it's not for me! lol

Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 PM

12 posts, read 23,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDEmyWholeLife View Post
well mason, what is it your hoping to find in a community? or are you looking for one? maybe they continue to post from those communities because they have that in common?
Question 1. Great question - I am looking for a community that if something happens to me, my wife has a place that she can call home. My land will be diversified within the family ranks but I want to make sure my wife has great people around her.

Queston 2. Having something in common does not mean excluding others. I wish these people moving to Delaware would respect the locals and understand that the homes that they are buying are built on cherished land. I look forward to meeting these folks hopefully before Mckee goes belly up in the near future. It is unfortunate but a harsh reality.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 AM

12,604 posts, read 28,020,672 times
Perhaps focusing on this will help
Quote:
I am truly looking for insight on active adult communities in Delaware
Hearing about all the choices should be helpful, but posts that bash places just for the sake of being negative or that insult other posters will be removed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware