U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,765,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Finally received our vanity plate almost 3 months after ordering it. I got a call last week that our "missing and never ordered" plate was finally ready for pick-up in Georgetown. We drove over and when we explained our presence at the front desk, we were given a number and told to wait. 35 minutes later we were called up to a window and again explained we were there to pick-up a vanity plate. Clerk frowned and said we didn't have to wait in line, vanity plates were at the front desk. She called over to the front desk and asked if our plate was there and she got a yes answer. We went back to the front desk - same woman as when we came in now 40 minutes ago - and she handed us our plate. I was fuming a bit at the lack of communication and asked, politely, why we had to get a number and wait when she had a box of plates right in front of her for pick-up? She couldn't even look me in the eye, mumbled something about she thought we were there to order a plate not pick-up. No apology, no I'm sorry - it left a bitter taste in us as we left. Georgetown is a beautiful facility but they need to brush up on their communication skills. Hate to think this is the norm for DE.

longnecker - we were there the same time as you were this morning. Would have waved to you if I had known!
Sorry you seem to behaving such a hard time. Since they are in the new building I have been really pleased with the speed with which we can get through. My son has gotten his first licence. We have titled a vehicle and renewals. I go early in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,765,724 times
I just had to dig this thread up. My car was due for inspection. I drove to Georgetown and turned off the road into the approach to the inspection lanes at 8;32. There were 4 lanes open with green lights. One had no one waiting. Went thru the lane quickly and pulled to the drivethru cashier. $80 for a 2 year tag and back on the road headed home at 8:45. I am a happy camper!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware