U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 AM

7,324 posts, read 10,754,669 times

Advertisements

October 23, 2011 at Pizzadili Vinyards & Winery.
http://delawarewineandbeerfestival.eventbrite.com/

Such a nice place! It's located on Peach Basket Rd. which is off Rt. 13 south of Woodside, and before you get to Felton. They have tours of their wine making facilities and grape vinyards, and it's a great location for a party, wedding, or gathering of any kind. Not to mention, they have wines with real Delaware names....like my favorite sweet wine, "Delaware".
Pizzadili Vineyard and Winery Facilities

Last edited by rdlr; 08-18-2011 at 07:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM

Default Amish Country Bike Tour - Sept. 10th

Benefit Prostate Cancer -

Newcomers might want to think about doing this because it's one big party, and a great way to meet people. You don't have to be a 'professional cyclist' and pedal for miles and miles either, because there are different tours for which you can register.

The tour leads bikers through the Amish countryside and apple orchards, and there's always a surprise or two. It starts at Legislative Hall in Dover.
Amish Country Bike Tour (http://www.visitdover.com/amishcountrybiketour/ - broken link)

Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Delaware Swamp Stomp - Gumboro

Anybody ready for this?
It sure has all the makins' for a Good Time!

Delaware Swamp Stomp

Old 09-25-2011, 06:06 PM

1,767 posts, read 3,054,163 times
The husband and I had a great time at the Dewey Beach Music Conference last night at the Rusty Rudder. We were able to see two of our favorites--The School of Rock (teens from Wilmington, DE), and Tom McBride (Boston/DC). We make it a point to go every year. Hmm...now, what to get into next weekend....

Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
The husband and I had a great time at the Dewey Beach Music Conference last night at the Rusty Rudder. We were able to see two of our favorites--The School of Rock (teens from Wilmington, DE), and Tom McBride (Boston/DC). We make it a point to go every year. Hmm...now, what to get into next weekend....
We missed that conference, unfortunately.....first time in awhile, actually. We saw the Wilmington School of Rock on Legislative Mall, here in Dover, for the Green Conference. Proud to say, our granddaughter is in the School of Rock in another state! Gotta keep the music goin' in this family! Without music, there's nothing....at least that's how we think.

Last edited by rdlr; 09-25-2011 at 08:00 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 PM

1,767 posts, read 3,054,163 times
Aww...we were going to go on Friday, but the rain was awful. So, we went yesterday. That's so cool that your granddaughter is in the School of Rock! I love seeing the young ones jammin'.

I agree about music; I cannot get enough of it myself

Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Aww...we were going to go on Friday, but the rain was awful. So, we went yesterday. That's so cool that your granddaughter is in the School of Rock! I love seeing the young ones jammin'.

I agree about music; I cannot get enough of it myself
For awhile, Delaware was void of live music. Just within the past 8-9 years, we've been overjoyed to see many new bands formed, and more venues are booking live music. Back in the Day live music was everywhere in Delaware, then it seemed to die off and DJs took over. Live music is our favorite thing and we try to catch all the bands, in one place or another. And the granddaughter....great to see her be a guitar player, drummer, and just recently a lead vocalist. Love it!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM

Default NASCAR at Dover Downs This Weekend

Here it is again! Great for the City of Dover, even though crowds are down.

McGlynn, CEO & President of Dover International Speedway, put it all in prospective, though. Dover Downs has 135,000 seats, so when they fill half of those or slightly more, the crowd looks small. It's still the size of a Super Bowl crowd.....plenty of people.

Rt. 13 through Dover is known as "the strip" on Dover Downs week. Most of the restaurants and bars have banners out, and there are tons of meal and drink specials, and lots of live bands. Each day, the fun and excitement builds, and last night we started our usual trek up and down the strip reuniting with old friends from all over the country, and making new ones. Tonight heavy rain is predicted, and our hearts go out to the hundreds and hundreds of campers in Dover Downs' camping fields. They are a tough group, though, so they'll hose down their muddy clothes and sneakers and continue to have fun! No doubt we'll see the usual sight - A favorite race driver's flag on a flag pole, with a wash load of shorts and tee shirts strung all the way down, and blowing in the breeze. One of the highlight's of our week will be Friday night, when we'll be attending special drivers' parties.

Dover International Speedway - The Monster Mile®

Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM

Default Spooky Stuff - Dark Dover

Thinking Halloween - Looks like a fun and interesting tour in downtown Dover.
First State Heritage Park

Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
On the list of the top 100 events on the continent, Delaware has THREE of them!

Group names three Delaware events among top 100 on continent | The News Journal | delawareonline.com

(from today's News Journal)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware