U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM

377 posts, read 992,173 times

Advertisements

Middletown is always building too though. Yes there might be a lot of kids, but there are lot of schools too. I absolutely love it. I love how new everything is too. I am not a fan of private schools, so I knew that a good public school district was important. I am not concerned about the safety of my children at school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM

66 posts, read 91,688 times
Default Wilmington

We're not really looking around Wilmington because we're looking to get away from a city. We've researched all the districts and the areas they are in so we know where to steer clear from.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,771,164 times
Ground rent is very common in lower Delaware .Mostly in mobile home parks although some upscale developments like Baywood also have ground rent. In the more upscale parks ground rent can be over $6,000 a year.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Default Ground Rent

I've noticed that land rent seems to be a common things especially in Sussex county but we're looking in areas in Kent county for the most part and in developments in Sussex county that do not had land rent. But when we first move, we'll be living in an apartment until our house here sells. Luckily we will be able to afford to pay our mortgage and rent with my wife getting a job. Obviously if she doesn't get a job, we won't be moving.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,057,383 times
I think she'll be able to get a job. Delaware is a great state to teach in, that's for sure--and she's a shoo-in with a graduate degree.

I'm not quite sure if I'll be working closer to my home this fall; I may be applying for jobs closer to Ocean View. If you have any questions about areas in Sussex County, feel free to ask. I've lived in Sussex for 25 years. Don't know much about Kent County though....

Old 04-21-2011, 04:18 AM

Default Waiting game

I hope she is a shoo-in but having to wait for the application end dates is driving us crazy. I know it is super early in the hiring time but we just want to hear something from the schools. We understand that with the kids being out starting tomorrow and all of next week that we won't hear anything until May, but not knowing anything is frustrating.

We discussed other options if for whatever reason she doesn't get a job but can't doing anything until we find out of she does. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 AM

64 posts, read 121,843 times
Sounds like they'll be living on just her salary ... lots of unemployment here too. The entire country is suffering. Unemployed in OV where there are no sustainable jobs like LongNecker said. Teachers do seem to have better luck in the workforce. Good luck, dying to get out of DEunaware.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Default We'll both be working....

We don't plan on living on just her salary. If our house sells quickly than we could afford to until I find something I like doing. But I plan on finding a job in the banking/credit union sector before we move down there. We won't move unless we can both secure jobs.

Another question: How long does it take for the schools to contact you once you've applied? 2 of the job postings closed right before this weeks spring break so can we assume we may hear something this week?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:59 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,057,383 times
Yes, you should hear something within the next two weeks, maybe three considering there are quite a few positions to fill. Be sure to have the references ready and less than a year old; she'll need them at the job interview.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 PM

Default Dates?

We were just going through all of my wife paperwork and realized none of the letters have dates on them. Think that would be okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware