Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:46 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,410 times

Advertisements

^ Joe where did you get that map from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
^ Joe where did you get that map from?
I think spotcrime. You can google Wilmington crime map, or Wilmington shooting map.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:43 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,979,752 times
I see, and where are all the pics of Trolley Square, Forty Acres, Wawaset Park, Cool Springs, Rockland Park, The Highlands -- all within the City of Wilmington, plus several other areas? The thrust of the OP and the pictures submitted are racist, luddite, classist, and all around bigotted.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Actually, I believe crime is fairly evenly distributed on both sides of Market Street, as the west side of Wilmington is probably 55% of Wilmington. West Center City and Quaker Hill are both west of Market.

The only truly decent "side" of Wilmington is the northwestern portion starting with Delaware Ave and going up through 40 acres, Rockford, etc.

My point about east Wilmington isn't about the crime, but more about the scarier areas of Wilmington. We can go on and on about this. Wilmington is what it is, a small city on the 95 corridor with alot of crime. Some nice areas and some bad. Newark,NJ Camden, Chester and Wilmington. All the same to me.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
I see, and where are all the pics of Trolley Square, Forty Acres, Wawaset Park, Cool Springs, Rockland Park, The Highlands -- all within the City of Wilmington, plus several other areas? The thrust of the OP and the pictures submitted are racist, luddite, classist, and all around bigotted.
Doctorjef, To be fair not everyone has the economic means to live in Greenville and can relate to where your coming from or how you may feel about Wilmington. The pictures on this page shed light to the places from Joe84323 spotcrime pic which sadly looks to be all over the city. I mean, I did not take the pics and we cant just brush them under the rug. If we took all the money we used on the war in Iraq we could have put it into where the pics are from. Then maybe North Market, Eastside, Riverside, Westside, South Bridge would look like Trolley Square, Forty Acres, Wawaset Park, Cool Springs, Rockland Park, and The Highlands. Am I right or wrong?

Last edited by Legendof302; 05-01-2011 at 08:52 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
My point about east Wilmington isn't about the crime, but more about the scarier areas of Wilmington. We can go on and on about this. Wilmington is what it is, a small city on the 95 corridor with alot of crime. Some nice areas and some bad. Newark,NJ Camden, Chester and Wilmington. All the same to me.
I agree with James420 100% right here.

East of Market has parts that look worse then some 3rd world countries. I assume 75% of Delaware do NOT even know Riverside exist due to the terrain you gotta go thru to get there, its like folklore.

Ebenezer Baptist Church

^My friend got shot to death and I went to his funeral at Ebenezer Baptist Church, when i parked my car and stepped on the pavement to walk around out there I could "feel it in the air" its a serious place to be on foot.

Last edited by Legendof302; 05-01-2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 09:07 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Doctorjef, To be fair not everyone has the economic means to live in Greenville and can relate to where your coming from or how you may feel about Wilmington. The pictures on this page shed light to the places from Joe84323 spotcrime pic which sadly looks to be all over the city. I mean, I did not take the pics and we cant just brush them under the rug. If we took all the money we used on the war in Iraq we could have put it into where the pics are from. Then maybe North Market, Eastside, Riverside, Westside, South Bridge would look like Trolley Square, Forty Acres, Wawaset Park, Cool Springs, Rockland Park, and The Highlands. Am I right or wrong?
Projects have been rebuilt in some of those areas of Wilmington, as recently as 7 years ago and they still look like 3rd world countries. Culture and education must change, throwing money around is the American answer to alot of things like education which has been reformed 5 times in the 15 years that I've lived in Delaware and it hasn't gotten better. Until we can figure out a way to educate the poor in this country, places like Wilmington and Camden will exist.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Projects have been rebuilt in some of those areas of Wilmington, as recently as 7 years ago and they still look like 3rd world countries.
What Projects have been rebuilt in the last 7 years?

Not Riverside or South Bridge which are the most Infamous thats for sure and those homes are from the 1950's

Westside & Eastside have not changed since the 90's did you look at the pics? The Infrastructure looks absolutely morbid. I think they might have did a little work on some new town homes over northside a few years ago but that's all i know of.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
Quote:
What Projects have been rebuilt in the last 7 years?

Not Riverside or South Bridge which are the most Infamous thats for sure and those homes are from the 1950's

Westside & Eastside have not changed since the 90's did you look at the pics? The Infrastructure looks absolutely morbid. I think they might have did a little work on some new town homes over northside a few years ago but that's all i know of.
The bucket, and southbridge projects were both knocked down within the past 10 years... actually maybe it's been longer for the bucket.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
The bucket, and southbridge projects were both knocked down within the past 10 years... actually maybe it's been longer for the bucket.
Im not sure where you got this info from b/c I seen those projects in the 90's and then again with my own eyes this week. They say Riverside is the bucket and its all still there right now. I think they took down some projects in Eastlake which is across from riverside tho. IDK, can anyone confirm this with pics?

Read the first part of this....

http://www.enquirer.com/columns/daug...tale_will.html

Also check this out...

http://www.wilmingtonde.gov/pdf/FY2006-FY2010_Executive_Summary.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by Legendof302; 05-02-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware